ocd1688
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: POOR COUSINS

Post by ocd1688 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:48 pm

ocd1688 wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:41 pm
THOUGHT I POST THESE UP.
POOR COUSINS TO THE FANTASTIC WOODEN AND SHELL INLAY SPECIMENS. ONE OF THESE DAYS WHO KNOWS!!!
THEY ARE MOULDED WITH FIXED BIBS.
LOOK GOOD THOUGH.IMG_1448.JPGIMG_1449.JPG

ALBERT
It is over 8 years since this thread was started -duh

The Poor Cousins were fascinating to me as they are just as elusive and desirable as their timber cousins.

Yes it is a moulded lure, not every one’s cup of tea. But for the “discerning “ its rarity is well worth the pursuit.

That brings me to the lure that Jas won on the bay.

There were discussions in certain social media re this particular lure, some of which were quite sensible, but it also include

1 the seller was deceitful not stating the lure was “plastic” in the item description
2 the bidders had rocks in their head
3 the amazement re the price realised

However what really gets me is the reference for certain web page for further information.

In this web page, blatant as can be stated, that some sources are from the “defunct” Lureandmore forum.

This included one of my pics, from this thread depicting the set of 3 lures, timber on top, moulded with detachable bib on the bottom, with the Poor Cousin in between, moulded with fixed bib.

That is all fine. I didn’t mind a bit of pinching and pilfering from this poor defunct forum lol lol

What is not fine , and it pisses me off very badly is the Poor Cousin was described as a timber specimen with a plastic bib -duh

WTF ??? Pinched the info and re present it, modified it and f*** ed it up altogether lol lol lol

How can these “experts “ get it so wrong ???

One good thing is the Poor Cousins in Aussie lure history has been given the importance they deserved.

Anyhow the bay is not a bad place, is it ???

Now I am off the soap box spbx

Albert

vince.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by vince. » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:02 pm

clapclap clapclap thumbsupsmilie
My old mate, I think you have been very kind to some of the complete and utter morons concerned. It really does beggar belief at some of the shit written on these face book pages. Makes this site look like encyclopaedia britannica. lol lol
Regards.....Vince.

Lefty
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post by Lefty » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:17 pm

Well I'm not sure about the experts but here's what I Know.

1. I don't think the seller was a collector or knew anything about Lures and don't believe they were deceitful in any way, I cant speak for the second highest bidder as I don't know who they are but, I knew full well this was a moulded lure. I expect it would of gone a lot higher if the second highest bidder thought it was Timber.

2. I confirm, yes I do have rocks in my head...

3. yep it was a pretty high price but, completed a set for me and I only know of 2 others in that colour, so I was happy to go above and beyond to get the 10. How many others are out there? provided there's no natural or Australian post disasters this will be the first set of Poor Cousins I have seen.

On another note, I just like Lures some cheap some dear, I just like what I like.

Cheers Jas

vince.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by vince. » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:43 pm

Lefty wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:17 pm
2. I confirm, yes I do have rocks in my head...
lol lol this is not news to many Jas. lol

Again, well done clapclap and congratulations on completing your extremely rare set. thumbsupsmilie
Regards.....Vince.

ocd1688
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ocd1688 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:55 pm

Very astute rocks in that head Jas thumbsupsmilie

It will be a privilege for this forum if a pic of the 10, when they are altogether, can be posted. droolsmilie

I know you have trouble posting pics from past experience.

Your pic of the 9 members of the family is a great appetiser droolsmilie droolsmilie

Gee mate more detailed pics of 3,4, and 7 and of course the 10 will be such a treat for somebody like me, because he has rocks in his head too lol lol

Again congratulations for a well done pursuit clapclap clapclap clapclap

Albert

ocd1688
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ocd1688 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:45 pm

I forgot, deliberately, to mention that I was, and still am, a little bit, a tiny little bit, jealous smckin smckin smckin

Albert

Lefty
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post by Lefty » Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:40 pm

Woo hooo she arrived. Will take some pics soon.

vince.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by vince. » Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:08 pm

clapclap one happy lure collector.
Jas, never give Albert your address lol lol
Regards.....Vince.

Lefty
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post by Lefty » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:37 pm

crazysmilie crazysmilie Shit his visiting this weekend... you should of warned me earlier lol... crazysmilie crazysmilie crazysmilie

nahnah nahnah nahnah

Return to “JJ's Stumpjumper Lures”