More C Lures

C Lures
simon bruce
Master
Master

More C Lures

Post by simon bruce » Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:04 pm

Heres my older ones, unfortunately none with handwriting.

The big blue one doesn't have writing or sticker I figure by the tooth marks that it may have been trolled a bit.
C lures Older Side.jpg
C lures older bottom.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

TonyM

Re: More C Lures

Post by TonyM » Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:11 pm

Very nice Simon,

I especially like the Black/White Tiger. Can't get enough of these lures droolsmilie

simon bruce
Master
Master

Post by simon bruce » Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:20 pm

Presume this is one of Dominics.

Compared to some of the more recent ones the front profile is smaller so i will assume it is a bit earlier.

Also noticed the bib is pinned, I might hazard a guess that the front has been made more substantial to cope with the pressure of the bib which needed pinning.
Intermediate C Lure Side.jpg
Intermediate C Lure Top.jpg
Intermediate C Lure Bottom.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

simon bruce
Master
Master

Post by simon bruce » Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:22 pm

And these are some of the latest ones which I was lucky enough to get an order in with a member who came across some.
D Fry C Lures.jpg

simon bruce
Master
Master

Post by simon bruce » Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:33 pm

As the saying goes, "a picture speaks a thousand words" so heres a comparisom of two barra pros, I assume the pink one is older...
Barra Pro comparison side.jpg
Barra Pro comparison top.jpg
Barra Pro comparison front.jpg

childers
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post by childers » Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:56 pm

Good one Simon,

What a big afternoon for the c-lures , very nice thanks for showing , regards mick

TonyM

Post by TonyM » Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:07 pm

simon bruce wrote:Presume this is one of Dominics.

Compared to some of the more recent ones the front profile is smaller so i will assume it is a bit earlier.

Also noticed the bib is pinned, I might hazard a guess that the front has been made more substantial to cope with the pressure of the bib which needed pinning.
You assumed correctly Simon.

As far as I'm aware thCheers
Tony

The Teacher
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post by The Teacher » Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:24 pm

All
Barra Pros were developed by me while we had the business.
An easy way to tell the difference between our lures and later models was ours were a slimmer and sometimes smaller lure. This was mainly aesthetic to give them a professional finish and look. They will have a small nose and not a cut off appearance.
I started pinning the bibs after anglers were complaining that a fellow North Queensland makers bibs were pulling out on trophy fish - I reckoned that nobody was going to accuse me of losing their fish of a lifetime.

Anyway I noticed soon after Terry Leadbeater also started pinning his bibs so he was obviously thinking the same.

The Teacher
( CLures 1994 1998)

Return to “C Lures”