Dean's Tidal Water Lure's

Tidal Water Lures

Dean's Tidal Water Lure's

Postby bullrout22 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:11 pm

I picked this one up a small lure be great on Bream small Bass and EP's it was made by
Dean Hayes who unfortunatly passed away with cancer a few months ago he was a fishing guide
on the Hawkesbury River here in NSW

dtwl.jpg

dtwl0.jpg

dtwl1.jpg

dtwl2.jpg
Dave
NSW No 1 State Image
ImageImage
bullrout22
Master
Master

Re: Dean's Tidal Water Lure's

Postby simon bruce » Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:28 pm

Very nice lure, lots of little details.
simon bruce
Master
Master

Postby bullrout22 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:17 pm

simon bruce wrote:Very nice lure, lots of little details.

Simon

yes mate it is a top little lure,I think he made a couple of different lure's ill find out for sure
later in the year when I visit a mates place yay

one problem though he locks up his lures when I visit lol lol lol I don't know why lol lol lol
Dave
NSW No 1 State Image
ImageImage
bullrout22
Master
Master

Postby TonyM » Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:43 pm

Nice lure Dave

We used to live on the Hawkesburry (well Mooney Creek actually), learnt a lot about the lore of the river - there's some fascinating yarns about living and fishing on the river I picked up. I watch "Oyster Farmer" every now and again just to re-live when I used to drive past the same houses/sheds in the tinny, and we dearly miss the friends we made there.

Sorry to hear about Deans passing, though I never met him. That's a lovely lure he made, please let us know if you find out more about Deans lures.

Cheers
Tony
TonyM

Postby bullrout22 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:21 pm

Tony

And you left there to go to QLD crazysmilie crazysmilie lol lol lol top spot where you are now though thumbsupsmilie
it is another world down there a top place,some good fishing and if no fish just relaxing on the river thumbsupsmilie

We go down to the Colo once a year for a weekend no big fish just small Bass,EP's and a few Bream but just being
there again top place,we used to fish the Hawkesbury near where the Colo enters it but to many near misses
from wankers in ski boats and wake boats and morons racing around we gave it away it is also a top spot but not
worth the risk of getting run over -duh

I never meet him either but I know a few that did and where mates of his yes cancer is a bugger of a thing hopefully
one day they will be able to cure it

And yes ill take some pictures of his other lures that's if the mate let's me near his tackle box lol lol lol
Dave
NSW No 1 State Image
ImageImage
bullrout22
Master
Master

Postby bullrout22 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:55 pm

I picked up two more of Deans Lures a surface timber lure and another small diving lure
the Timber Surface lure I was told he only made a few for his mates so im happy to have it also it was painted by Greg Catt if this is wrong please let me know thumbsupsmilie

Dean Hayes Lures.JPG

Dean Hayes Lures 0.JPG

Dean Hayes Lures 1.JPG
Dave
NSW No 1 State Image
ImageImage
bullrout22
Master
Master

Postby neb » Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:24 pm

Dave , nice lures and the count down is a very effective bass lure, it looks like the green lure might have been painted by Greg Catt also, it has that Feral Cat look about it..Nev
neb
Expert
Expert

Return to Tidal Water Lures