8" BURMEK

8" BURMEK

Postby Fizza » Sun Nov 02, 2008 4:45 pm

I think his name is Tony Burmeck.

These plastic lures are rather collectable & are huge.

Fizza

Re: 8" BURMEK

Postby bass_n_b.o.b » Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:27 pm

LOOKS like a muppet on ACID//??? -jawdrop -jawdrop crazysmilie crazysmilie lol lol lol
bass_n_b.o.b

Postby bass_n_b.o.b » Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:32 am

A DRUNK FRAGILE MAYBE??????? lol lol lol lol lol thumbsupsmilie
bass_n_b.o.b

Postby Fizza » Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:29 pm

Agro on steroids lol crazysmilie lol crazysmilie lol
Fizza

Postby bass_n_b.o.b » Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:51 pm

FIZZA its one cool lure ???//// bowsmilie bowsmilie thumbsupsmilie thumbsupsmilie howdy
bass_n_b.o.b

Postby Fizza » Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:55 pm

Bob, the yanks run use these things on Musky.

Fred Jobson apparantly fished these on Cod with success.

I don't use heavy enough line these days to fish the whoppers so they hang in the shed.
Fizza

Postby bass_n_b.o.b » Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:11 pm

Yep muskys & yanks luv them big lures ////// lol lol
bass_n_b.o.b

Postby Jigmaster » Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:58 pm

These lures are still being made. I picked up several big musky lures when I was in the states in November.
Jigmaster
Guru
Guru

Postby diemai » Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:06 am

Here are my three "Burmeks" .
The top two are reasonably new ones , swapped these with friends .....the one on bottom I have found on a local fleamarket .......I believe , that this is a vintage lure !

Still has its original hooks......check out the subtle differences on the front section......first , the eyes are molded somewhat smaller and not bulging out.....second , the rear portion of the back of front section does not potrude , the section is cut straight down !

On the newer lures it does potrude a bit over the rear, I guess to avoid tangling or to prevent the connecting eyescrews from twisting within and bind ?

I think to have read , that the lure was designed in 1969 by that certain Mr. Burmek mentioned in a post above , it once made a haul of about 40 muskies within two or three days , guess , that its reputation is based upon that event ?

It does not dive too deep , at a slow retrieve the big fin would cause quite a wake on the surface , sticking out like a sharks fin , but strongly wiggling left/right .

greetz , diemai howdy

BURM_01.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Hurts so bad living in a loony bin !
diemai
Master
Master

Return to Other U.S. Lures Not Listed