New to the site and a Shimano Fan

Ranger 619VS
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

New to the site and a Shimano Fan

Post by Ranger 619VS » Sat Sep 15, 2007 7:38 am

G'day All,

Ranger 619VS here from the USA. Very active on a host of AU fishing sites. Ranger 175C on most.......Huge user of the Shimano Stella FB and FD, also love the Twinpower Mg series. Mostly ultra light sized 1000, a few 2500 for bass though. Have heaps of lures and a one large boat, and a small tinnie. Trying desperately to aquire a Fireblood 1000FA. Hope you accept Yanks. I am crazy about all things AU fishing....Just ask my mates who have sent me Squidgies........I have spend over a grand on them trust me, I love them.

Ranger 619VS/Brian

Mully
Master
Master
Mood:

Post by Mully » Sat Sep 15, 2007 1:15 pm

Any and every tackle fanatic is welcome here from any part of the world welcome to the site and nice setup your running there.
Look forward to your posts.

cmj
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post by cmj » Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:07 am

I can vouch for Brian, one order alone was well over $500 and all plastics. He is a regular on another forum and we often chat via msn.

Craig.
If it looks fishy it must be fishy

Ecofreak
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post by Ecofreak » Tue Oct 02, 2007 1:56 pm

Hi there Ranger619VS, if you are looking for a Fireblood 1000 you should not have too much trouble from a couple of AU sites as most have them in stock now, although in my honest opinion stick with the stella's, the new design is nicer and cheaper than they were, from all accounts the fireblood is very over rated, I have had a few plays with them now and the dissapointment has grown more. After all the hype that this reel attracted pre the AFTA trade show it did not live up to its name. The same reel is available branded as a Sephia in Japan so that may be another option for you to explore.
Last edited by Ecofreak on Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.myspace.com/ecofreak_anvil

Best regards
Paul Carter
AKA ecofreak

Mully
Master
Master
Mood:

Post by Mully » Tue Oct 02, 2007 2:34 pm

I tend to agree with you ecofreak the Fireblood was very sloppy in my opinion the play alone in the spool was huge you could lift the spool around 1 cm without too much hassle and that was with the drag set to my usual 4-5 lb breaking strain.
Dont get me wrong I like shimano but not their firebloods....

Honestly for the price Id prefer a Daiwa...or a twin power oldder shimano

Return to “Shimano”