Lure prices.

Talk About Anything, but Please Remember the Rules.
vince.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Lure prices.

Post by vince. » Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:17 pm

I just purchased two Ken Hendry Seeker lures on eBay for $64. One is a 70 and one a 90. clapclap
At their peak, I would have not hesitated to paid three times that much to get these lures. Don’t apologise for it, don’t regret it and as a compulsive collector, not an investor, loved every minute of those days. To me the lures I collect are worth whatever I can afford to pay for them at the time, in order to get them. I never feel guilty when I can afford more than someone else and I never feel jealous when someone has more to pay than I offer, pissed off, but never jealous.I have heard so many green eyed people complain about those who can afford, but where are they now. ???

If it is not clear to some, what I am saying is simple. So many arseholes like Tony Paine and his kind, whinged constantly about eBay and the ridiculous amount being spent on lures that it made it almost feel bad to be able to have the luxury of buying something you could afford. Where are these sad little green eyed people now when these lures are at a price that they maybe always should have been. ???
Regards.....Vince.

Baz
Guru
Guru
Mood:

Re: Lure prices.

Post by Baz » Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:12 pm

Hi Vince. I reckoned if you could get a good Seeker for a dollar a mm you were doing alright but you've done really well.

Couldn't tell you Tony P is...he blocked me on FB yonks ago for calling him out on $hit canning some good blokes I know.
Wishin I was Fishin..!!

vince.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by vince. » Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:10 pm

Baz wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:12 pm

Couldn't tell you Tony P is...he blocked me on FB yonks ago for calling him out on $hit canning some good blokes I know.
lol lol sounds about right, you have a habit of being banned for your thoughts lol
Regards.....Vince.

vince.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by vince. » Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:04 pm

Best thing about these lures that arrived today clapclap is that they have their hooks on them.
The last two beautiful Seeker lures I purchased on EBay, apart from the fact that I was over charged on postage, you get that with greedy people, is that they had no hooks.
I can sort of understand collectors removing hooks for storage, sort of understand, but selling a lure without hooks is a bit like selling a car without wheels. It’s still a car, but not capable of doing what it was made for and looks like shit -duh
Regards.....Vince.

Baz
Guru
Guru
Mood:

Post by Baz » Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:29 pm

You can thank Frank for that.
Wishin I was Fishin..!!

vince.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by vince. » Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:09 pm

Baz wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:29 pm
You can thank Frank for that.
Thanks Frank smckin lol lol
A personal thing of course Baz and each to their own thumbsupsmilie toothless certainly makes for easy storage.
For me though, look better with hooks. I do have hundreds without hooks however -duh lol lol
Regards.....Vince.

Return to “LURE AND MORE - GENERAL CHAT”