Limited Edition

JJ's Stumpjumper Lures
Lefty
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Limited Edition

Post by Lefty » Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:08 pm

Not sure if there in the same class as the older Stumpy's but, what is everyone's opinion on the new limited edition 10???

They seem to be causing a few issues around the place with availability and profiteering if you check out the ebay prices?

Any one have an opinion...

jimmymate
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Limited Edition

Post by jimmymate » Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:16 pm

Its interesting to watch.

Hard to beleive some of the ebay prices going atm. Im not sure the market will sustain such prices .

Tbh i dont think the colours are all that exciting for such an amazing milestone.

Maybe just the flavour of the month with peoples fear of missing out?

ocd1688
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ocd1688 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:02 pm

jimmymate wrote:
Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:16 pm
Its interesting to watch.

Hard to beleive some of the ebay prices going atm. Im not sure the market will sustain such prices .

Tbh i dont think the colours are all that exciting for such an amazing milestone.

Maybe just the flavour of the month with peoples fear of missing out?
Totally agree Jimmy thumbsupsmilie

The keywords are “limited” and “availability”, followed by the other word”profit”.

Only human nature to buy a carton, keep one and make heaps selling the rest.

It is called “opportunistic”.

Reminds me of “gold watch” stories told in this forum, and others of course cww

And no I didn’t get any thumbsupsmilie

Albert

vince.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by vince. » Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:28 am

Jas, I have little knowledge of these limited edition lures. Let`s face it, I have little knowledge of anything. -duh This has sadly never stopped me from opening my big mouth and offering my opinion before.

If you were cynical, you might think these limited editions are just another way for a multi-million dollar tackle company to make some more dollars. Personally I think it`s good business on their part. You would think there is a limited market for these lures and the people who would be interested are genuine Stumpie collectors who collect for the history of the lures rather than the value. For this type of collector, any limited edition or rare set would be of importance to them I would think.

Opportunistic sellers will always be around to make a dollar where they can. It`s not a good look and they usually don`t last long. Unfortunately there will always be a few inexperienced punters who get fooled by the opportunists. Like I did, they too will learn from experience. Avoiding being conned by an ebay listing or believing the con of popular opinion seems to get easier as your experience grows.
Regards.....Vince.

vince.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by vince. » Fri May 18, 2018 11:29 am

Jas, these lures certainly have received a mixed reaction. Mostly negative from what I have seen. Can’t really understand why.
If I was a Stumpie collector I think I would be chasing a set. Maybe never as rare as the poor cousins, but still part of the long history of one of Australia’s most successful lures. clapclap
Regards.....Vince.

Return to “JJ's Stumpjumper Lures”