Greenhorn

Re: Limited Edition Collector Sets

Post by colsel » Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:18 pm

The Red Claw 2013
Maker: Paul Kneller
Date of release: March 2013
Number released: 25 sets
Price: $700 per set
Notes: These sets were available as either a traditional Painted Set, or in a semi-nude Australiana format. As well, there was a further option to have special "gem" eyes if you wished.
Apart from the 25 numbered sets produced there were some additional Special Editions and Singles released as well.

Collector Set
Collector Set 1 X.jpg

Australiana Set
Australiana 1 X.jpg

Special Edition
Special Edition 1 X.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

colsel
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post by colsel » Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:15 pm

Kadaitcha by Rob Gaden

Three(3) hand carved and numbered "Kadaitcha" lures made from red cedar and presented on individual acrylic plinths. Each lure has an overall length of 200mm. The lures are painted with a purple and silver snake skin pattern on a yellow background.
Two of these lures were offered for sale on Ebay in March 2013. Lure #1 sold for $1232, while Lure #2 went for $1530.

Should anyone be able to attach a photo of these lures to support this entry it would be most welcome.
Regards,
Col

Lure-Nut
Master
Master

Post by Lure-Nut » Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:29 pm

Hi Col, I'm sure Rob will post a pic when he see's this post thumbsupsmilie
Cheers Rob

manny
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post by manny » Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:40 am

Hi everyone. I have Brett Campbells Set No 13 as it is my lucky Number. Mine is Blue and Silver not Yellow/Black but I also have some spare yellow/black ones that Brett sent me. Its not a full set. When I get over my recent back Op. I will pull out and post some pictures up. Regards Manyy

manny
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post by manny » Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:36 pm

Heres my set No 13 together with some spares. I hope I've downloaded the photo correctly. Regards Manny
Brett Campbell (3 of 16).JPG
Brett Campbell (3 of 16).JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Lure-Nut
Master
Master

Post by Lure-Nut » Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:46 pm

Hi Col, a few more of the 2012 Deception Yabby sets where the backing boards were themed to match a specific feature of the lure patterns thumbsupsmilie
Cheers Rob

colsel
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post by colsel » Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:55 am

Good to see this reference data base growing as people share their knowledge and treasures. Particularly interesting to see some of the individual colour schemes that are emerging.
Regards,
Col

colsel
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post by colsel » Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:42 pm

Rob Gaden Crayfish

Prior to Rob embarking on his Keith Baker inspired "Critter Period" he produced some spectacular sets of Crayfish style lures modeled on a selection of his own highly successful designs. These hand carved timber lures were made in extremely limited editions, each had articulated claws attached and all were presented on special display stands imaginatively crafted by Rob.
I felt that it would be worthwhile to have the details of these lures grouped together in the one place for easy reference.
Regards,
Col

Biggoon Crays (May 2011)
A unique set of three lures made up of a matched pair of smaller crays, and a single larger one.
Biggoon cray small Post.jpg
Biggoon Large Post.jpg

Rellik-Doc Crays (May 2011)
A unique matched set of three lures, each of a different size(i.e. small, medium and large).
Rellik-Doc Cray Post.jpg

Tortoof Cherabins (May 2011)
A total of five lures made up this edition. They were presented as two pairs and a single lure. The bodies were made from Cedar while the long nippers were carved out of White Beech.
One of the pairs was offered for sale on Ebay achieving a price of $930.
Cherabin Post.jpg

Severn River Crays - Delux Edition (June 2011)
There was a total of six of these lures produced. They were presented as three pairs, each with one 3" and one 4'" lure. The pairs were displayed on their own unique driftwood stands.
Seven River Cray Post.jpg

Segmented Warlock Crays (June 2011)
Only four of these lures were made, two from Cedar and two from White Beech. They were displayed on special stands made from tree roots from the Never Never Creek which had pebbles imbedded in them.
Warlock Post.jpg

Poltergeist Crays (July 2011)
An edition of five of these lures were made, with four of them being painted in the same grey tones. The fifth lure, which needed a minor repair due to a scallop of timber coming away during carving, was painted in white tones to distinguish it.
Poltergeist Post.jpg
White Poltergeist Post.jpg

wazza
Expert
Expert

Post by wazza » Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:36 pm

Works of art. clapclap
warren
colsel wrote:Rob Gaden Crayfish

Prior to Rob embarking on his Keith Baker inspired "Critter Period" he produced some spectacular sets of Crayfish style lures modeled on a selection of his own highly successful designs. These hand carved timber lures were made in extremely limited editions, each had articulated claws attached and all were presented on special display stands imaginatively crafted by Rob.
I felt that it would be worthwhile to have the details of these lures grouped together in the one place for easy reference.
Regards,
Col

Biggoon Crays (May 2011)
A unique set of three lures made up of a matched pair of smaller crays, and a single larger one.
Biggoon cray small Post.jpg
Biggoon Large Post.jpg

Rellik-Doc Crays (May 2011)
A unique matched set of three lures, each of a different size(i.e. small, medium and large).
Rellik-Doc Cray Post.jpg

Tortoof Cherabins (May 2011)
A total of five lures made up this edition. They were presented as two pairs and a single lure. The bodies were made from Cedar while the long nippers were carved out of White Beech.
One of the pairs was offered for sale on Ebay achieving a price of $930.
Cherabin Post.jpg

Severn River Crays - Delux Edition (June 2011)
There was a total of six of these lures produced. They were presented as three pairs, each with one 3" and one 4'" lure. The pairs were displayed on their own unique driftwood stands.
Seven River Cray Post.jpg

Segmented Warlock Crays (June 2011)
Only four of these lures were made, two from Cedar and two from White Beech. They were displayed on special stands made from tree roots from the Never Never Creek which had pebbles imbedded in them.
Warlock Post.jpg

Poltergeist Crays (July 2011)
An edition of five of these lures were made, with four of them being painted in the same grey tones. The fifth lure, which needed a minor repair due to a scallop of timber coming away during carving, was painted in white tones to distinguish it.
Poltergeist Post.jpg
White Poltergeist Post.jpg

Mully
Master
Master
Mood:

Post by Mully » Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:10 pm

all i can say is WOW some beautiful stuff there droolsmilie

Return to “Vintage & Collectable Lures General Chat”