Limited Edition Collector Sets

fish69blue
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Limited Edition Collector Sets

Post by fish69blue » Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:05 am

Unfortunately Col I do have the bug(ger)

Lure-Nut
Master
Master

Post by Lure-Nut » Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:45 pm

Col, here are some variations of the The Scampi Collector sets by Paul Kneller thumbsupsmilie

- 1st pic is Paul's prototype set that did not include any body stripes and the box had mitred corners which were later rejected by Paul - this box is numbered 0 of 40.
- 2nd pic is a unique set in the 6 x 10th Anniversary colours on white beech shavings.
- 3rd pic is a set of the painted Scampi signed 'SCAMPI P.KNELLER' in a Mangrove timber external box .... I believe there were 2 signed set's of lures, don't know if they were boxed.
- 4th pic is a set of the nude Scampi signed 'SCAMPI P.KNELLER in a Mangrove timber external box .... I believe there were 2 signed set's of these lures, don't know if they were boxed.

Lovely variations on the theme ....

droolsmilie
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Cheers Rob

colsel
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post by colsel » Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:31 am

Now that's an impressive display Rob.
Running with your "variations on a theme" analogy, they are like music to the eyes. Thank you so much for allowing us all to share them.
Both you and Paul can feel justifiably proud of these.
Regards,
Col

colsel
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post by colsel » Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:38 pm

Another variation on the theme of the Scampi lures. This time it's a set of three "specials" that Paul did for me at the same time as when he released the Scampi Collector Sets(2011). I provided him with the basic colour scheme(black,red,yellow) and then left the rest up to him. The unique patterns came from lace that he sourced at the local Maclean Op Shop and his artistic flair. Needless to say I was more than happy with the finished products.
Regards,
Col
IMG_4703 top.JPG
IMG_4708 Side.JPG
IMG_4683 Base.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

finnsurance
Rookie
Rookie
Mood:

Post by finnsurance » Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:50 pm

Hi Col those are some bloody nice paint jobs on them lures bowsmilie

Hey Rob thanks for putting up those box sets for us to perve on they look awesome with the different shavings of each lure in them sexy boxes droolsmilie

Cheers Rick
If I'm not fishing I'm thinking about It

Lure-Nut
Master
Master

Post by Lure-Nut » Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:05 pm

Very nice colours there Col .... here are some more variations on the inlaid Scampi set that were released by Paul Kneller thumbsupsmilie

- The top lure is the first prototype inlaid Scampi which initially had a shallow ripple back which was subsequently rejected as the ripples didn't match the inlaid timber pattern. It was made in red cedar / white beech per the Collector sets.
- The second lure is one of two huon pine / mangrove variations that were made with matching stands - awesome lure.
- The third lure is one of two silky oak / rosewood variations that were made and in my mind are the best match of the 3 timber pairs.

Hope you enjoy ...

droolsmilie
Cheers Rob

colsel
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post by colsel » Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:51 am

Thanks for adding the details of these three specials Rob. The inlaid Scampi done with the various timber pairings would have to be some of my personal favourites of Paul's lures to date. I'd seen photos of them before but it's good to get the supporting details. Thank you for sharing these treasures.
Regards,
Col

colsel
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post by colsel » Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:35 pm

Jamie Flett - Mudeye Lures

1. Original Mudeye
A board showing the step-by-step stages of construction for an original(1984) Mudeye lure. All made from cedar with the writing burnt into the Board, and the final stage lure painted with a brush.
Advertised for sale in Janurary 2013.
Jamie Flett post.jpg
2. Yabeye
A framed set of "Yabeye" lures with one done in each of the 5 colours that Jamie currently uses. These Yabeye lures were a special order made using the bodies of Jamie's "Cherabin" lures, but with the bibs inserted in the opposite end to normal. (Feb. 2013)
Yabeye Post.jpg

colsel
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post by colsel » Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:42 pm

2013 "PSHYCO - Bug"
Maker: Rob Gaden
Date of release: Jan 2013
Number released: 50
Price: $100
Notes: Single lure presented in a set of timber hands. The "PSHYCO" part of the name stands for "Personally, Shaped &, Hand carved, Yellow belly, Classic, Original".

colsel
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post by colsel » Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:36 am

Dave, I don't personally have one of the PSHYCO Bugs, hence no photo.
Hopefully someone that does have one will add a photo to complete the listing.
Regards,
Col

Return to “Vintage & Collectable Lures General Chat”