Limited Edition Collector Sets

colsel
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Re: Limited Edition Collector Sets

Post by colsel » Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:38 pm

To my great delight when I checked my emails just now I discovered that I had also received some photos of the #1 Kadaitcha Lure from the same person who had assisted with clarifying the release date for these lures. Once again I thank them for their help and add a couple of the photo for all to share.
IMGP1577 Kad 3.jpg
IMGP1580 Kad 2.jpg
Noting the writing on this lure it is obvious that there is some variation in how they were signed. It will be interesting to see what else turns up.

Regards,
Col
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

colsel
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post by colsel » Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:06 pm

10. Kadaitcha Club Limited Edition Platypus Lure
Maker: Brett Campbell
Date of release: December 2009
Number released: 83
Price: $50
Notes: These lures were only available to members of the "Kadaitcha Club" at the time. There was a limit of one only lure per member and they came individually numbered with the members' own Club Membership numbers, which ranged from 2 up to 200.

Regards,
Col
_MG_4343 BC.JPG
B C backing card.JPG
_MG_4358 BC top.JPG
_MG_4351 BC bottom.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

colsel
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post by colsel » Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:37 pm

11. Pearl StumpJumper
Original designer: John Ellis
Number made: 20
Notes: These lures were never intended for public consumption but for personal use only. As such, I will respect the privacy of the people concerned and just mention that these 20 plastic lures are covered in mother-of-pearl shell. Recent prices paid for these lures include $1500 in January 2010 and $2026 in October 2012.

For illustrative purposes I have "borrowed" an image that was previously published on this website. I trust that the people concerned are happy with this.
67_franks_lures_011_1.jpg

Further request.
I know for a fact that there are other Limited Edition Collector Sets "out there", and it would be good if members could document whatever details they may have about them(even if not complete) so that we can all learn from this shared pool of knowledge. Every little bit helps.
Regards,
Col

MXB
Master
Master

Post by MXB » Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:59 pm

Good thread Col . . .

Here's another one;

Kezza Lures;
Kerry Ehrlich, Toowoomba, QLD
Handcrafted Codculla pair - laminate from red cedar and white beech
NO 6/20 - Released 2010
Issued w/ signed laminated card and box

MXB

howdy
IF YOU ARE FEELING DOWN JUST PULL OUT YOUR FAVOURITE LURE AND DREAM OF BETTER TIMES

Baz
Guru
Guru
Mood:

Post by Baz » Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:14 pm

The Codkullas look geat.Love the display box with the mirror in the lid thumbsupsmilie droolsmilie
Wishin I was Fishin..!!

colsel
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post by colsel » Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:07 am

Thanks for your contribution Roger. I'd not seen that set before and greatly appreciate your efforts in sharing them.
Regards,
Col

colsel
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post by colsel » Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:00 am

12. The Yabby 20th Anniversary
Maker: Paul Kneller
Date of release: February 2012
Number released: 25
Price: $1000
Notes: A set of 6 "first series" body shape Yabby lures with reticulated claws presented on a white beech backing board. The lures were also made from White Beech with body segments created by the use of Red Cedar inserts to replicate the characteristic body rings traditionally associated with Paul's paint schemes. Paul used the same translucent paint patterns as with his 10th Anniversary Shrimp Sets, as well as this time also including the additional 6th colour scheme that had been left out of the Shrimp Set.
_MG_4279 kneller yabby.JPG
Associated with these 20th Anniversary Sets there were quite a few "specials" created for individual collectors and it is hoped that they might consider listing those here as well when time permits.
Regards,
Col

colsel
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post by colsel » Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:38 am

13. The Yabby 20th Anniversary "Singles"
Maker: Paul Kneller
Date of release: June 2012
Number released: 72
Price: $80 alone or $120 with a matching stand.
Notes: These Singles were released some time after the Complete Sets and were intended for collectors who may wish to acquire just one of the lures, for whatever reason. They were also made from White Beech as in the Complete Sets but did not have the Red Cedar inserts.
Seven different colour schemes were done with 10 lures of each colour being made. The one exception was the Red and Black pattern for which there were 12 lures made and each had a matching stand notated with "LureLovers.com".
Some additional "specials" were also done for individual collectors. One magnificent set made from six different timbers(White Beech, Red Cedar, Rosewood, Huon Pine, Silky Oak and Mangrove) was also made. These came with their own matching stands made out of the same timber. This set was offered for private tender on 26 July 2012 and was quickly(3 hours) snapped up.

It would be good if collectors who own some of these Singles or Specials would consider posting photos to support this entry.

Some of my specials.
IMG_8265 yabby.JPG
Original Yabby with recent special.
IMG_7348 Pair.JPG
Paul Kneller
IMG_7331 Paul K.JPG
I now look forward to others continuing with this thread and sharing their knowledge.
Regards,
Col

vince.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by vince. » Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:00 pm

Mudeye Lures, Jamie Flett
25 yrs Anniversary Set
Released March 2011, I think.
25 made.
collector stes 008.JPG
collector stes 010.JPG
Regards.....Vince.

vince.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by vince. » Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:20 am

Custom Crafted Lures, Steve Kovacs
Membership model, Kadaitcha Club
Released 2009
200 made, not sure.
collector sets 001.JPG
collector sets 002.JPG
Regards.....Vince.

Return to “Vintage & Collectable Lures General Chat”