$8K of Good Wood

Tackle tragic

$8K of Good Wood

Post by Tackle tragic » Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:22 pm

This collection offered by a relative of Trevor McFeeters on ebay for $8k failed to raise a bid......

Was listed as

1 Super Aussie 200
24 Darts
3 Aussie 200
1 Convict
1 medium Aussie 200
2 Shrimps
3 Mini Aussie 200
2 Mini Darts
2 201
3 Super Darts

Here we have 42 GENUINE Tenterfiled Lures and some of the rarest hand made by Trevor McFeeters in Tenterfield. The top left picture is a Super Aussie 200 (less than a handful ever made). Under there is 3 Aussie 200, there is 1 medium Aussie 200 and 3 Mini Aussie 200. Under that there is 2 201's (very rare and very hard to come by). On the next row at the top there are 3 Super Darts, followed by 24 Darts (some have never been used). Taking it to half way down the end row, 6th lure from the top, is a Convict (extremely rare and has dart like action, slightly longer lure, reaching about the same depths in the water and great for yellow belly), below that there is 2 Shrimps and the last 2 are Mini Darts.

Not a bad buy if you have the coin as a dart is averaging $150 each at the moment
The Super Aussies ......could name your price but I suggest $6-700 each is not out of the question considering the numbers made

Image...Image

HOTRODS

Post by HOTRODS » Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:31 pm

shockedsmilie
ya think he would have been smart and listed them individually !!!

Tackle tragic

Post by Tackle tragic » Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:43 pm

Yeh hotrod...thought the same thing myself.....

Then again maybe they wanted to keep the collection together???????

Rupe
Master
Master

Re: $8K of Good Wood

Post by Rupe » Sun May 20, 2012 12:31 pm

aussbasstony will poop his pants when he sees these!
Rupe.

Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught...

aussbasstony
Guru
Guru

Re: $8K of Good Wood

Post by aussbasstony » Sun May 20, 2012 4:04 pm

Wow, would like to see that bunch in the flesh droolsmilie I do notice one rare lure in that photo I have now so they must have been split up and shared around somewhat !

Gee back then I doubt many would have forked out that large some on one collection crazysmilie And I wonder if many people could even now turn around to the Missus and say " hey darl I'm just spending our saving on a bit of Timber " lol

I never remember seeing this old post Dave thanks for bringing it back up.

And no I didn't poo my pants but just spat up my Crown Beer lol

Return to “Vintage & Collectable Lures General Chat”