Stay Safe

Rupe
Master
Master

Stay Safe

Post by Rupe » Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:12 pm

Just wanted to make a shout out to all our members who are either directly affected or have loved ones affected by all the water causing grief across QLD & Northen NSW...

I think i speak on behalf of all member when I say that we're thinking of you all & we're only a phone call away if there is anything we can do!

Stick together, stay safe & we'll see you on the other side!
Rupe.

Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught...

oog663
Expert
Expert
Mood:

Re: Stay Safe

Post by oog663 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:47 pm

Thanks Rupe but it's heading your way ---- you better send up all your RMG's for safe keeping thumbsupsmilie

Steve
*** Neighbours Cats make nice Hats ***

Rupe
Master
Master

Post by Rupe » Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:22 pm

no mate i'm currently stashing them under the seats of my mighty tinny so they can come with me & my girls if sh!t goes bad!

grafton is in trouble apparently which is only 90kms or so away so we'll see how we go!

stay dry where you can mate
Rupe.

Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught...

MXB
Master
Master

Post by MXB » Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:22 am

@Rupe . . .

Well said and be careful to everyone in Northern NSW in the Grafton area but also north to Tenterfield and Glen Innes and south east to the Bellingen valley and other low lying areas. Evacuate if directed to do so as life is far more precious than belongings;

Rupe good luck in getting your collection to higher ground

My thoughts are with you all

MXB
IF YOU ARE FEELING DOWN JUST PULL OUT YOUR FAVOURITE LURE AND DREAM OF BETTER TIMES

loomis
Expert
Expert

Post by loomis » Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:40 pm

We live only 40mins south of Brisbane, and to be honest, it feels like an entirely different world. We have had some local flooding, but most of that has cleared and most roads are now open. It honestly feels like its happening in a different country, not 40mins up the road. Knowing that only 40mins up the road, all hell is breaking lose is heart breaking. I have never felt so helpless before. My wifes workplace has been flooded, so a big cleanup is needed when the water level drops. But they arent alone, as there are a lot of places that will need cleaning.

My work is still a little slow, as it normally is at this time of year, so if it remains that way, I will be donating my time in the cleanup.

Whilst we have got away "scott free" so to speak, there are many families that have lost everything. And I do mean everything! This is when being an Aussie will shine through. The donations, willingness to help and simply looking after a mate (even if you dont know them) will help those affected by this.

Thanks for the message of concern the other day Rupe, but now its us that are concerned for you. Hopefully the flood waters dont hit NSW as hard as they hit QLD.

Leigh.
aussbasstony wrote: Hey Brolly,
But i do like your Bums mate smckin lol

diemai
Master
Master

Post by diemai » Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:48 pm

Just watched it on the news again last night , ........my thoughts are with you guys over there , .........it's like nothing I've ever seen over here(during the devastating 1962 floodings in Hamburg I was only two months old and all following ones weren't as bad by far) .

Good luck to all of you living in those areas affected , .............greetz , diemai howdy
Hurts so bad living in a loony bin !

Return to “Vintage & Collectable Lures General Chat”