Beware of Cheap Australian lures - big theft in Evans Head

Jigmaster
Guru
Guru

Beware of Cheap Australian lures - big theft in Evans Head

Post by Jigmaster » Mon Feb 04, 2008 4:01 pm

I have just been contacted by the bloke that bought the lures that were originally on show at Bill Classon's factory in Melbourne. If you saw it there were some magnificnet pieces including a huge collection of Rob Gaden wooden lures and many early Australian wooden lures.
Not sure if you have been following the auctions lately for Australian wooden lures but they have GONE OFF> A set of three sizes of Kadaitcha's - no packaging $402. A Tenterfield Dart - great condition, no packaging, rarer colour $172, a wooden Boomerang in heavily fished condition with no hooks - $187.50.
As several real heavy hitters and big players have enetered the game for real, these prices have attracted the low lifes and up to 10 lure display panels of early Australian lures were stolen on the weekend from Evan's Head where a formal display was being prepared for them.
Insurance is a challenge for a collection like this and many of the lures were irreplaceable!!
Please keep your ears and eyes peeled for a big slug of lures going cheap and let's keep this from happening again. Of interest were several Australian maps with Gaden lures on them - they were not unique - I was sent an email picture of several before Christmas from another keen and longstanding collector.
If anyone has any information, I believe that a reward is being offered.
Frank Prokop

HOTRODS

Post by HOTRODS » Mon Feb 04, 2008 5:51 pm

Scum of the earth !!! nope
terrable news Frank, hope they stuff up and get nabbed for sure...
with the amout of LAM members sorting through EBAY on a daily basis im sure if anything unusual pops up it will be noticed...

Mully
Master
Master
Mood:

Post by Mully » Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:26 am

No worries Frank an eye will be open for any censored trying to sell off these lures...

Damo

Post by Damo » Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:20 pm

Nothing worse than Pond scum hope these fools get strung up....Hopefully they can be recovered and returned to the owner.. Damo

Fizza

Re: Beware of Cheap Australian lures - big theft in Evans Head

Post by Fizza » Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:03 am

Jigmaster wrote:I have just been contacted by the bloke that bought the lures that were originally on show at Bill Classon's factory in Melbourne. If you saw it there were some magnificnet pieces including a huge collection of Rob Gaden wooden lures and many early Australian wooden lures.
Not sure if you have been following the auctions lately for Australian wooden lures but they have GONE OFF> A set of three sizes of Kadaitcha's - no packaging $402. A Tenterfield Dart - great condition, no packaging, rarer colour $172, a wooden Boomerang in heavily fished condition with no hooks - $187.50.
As several real heavy hitters and big players have enetered the game for real, these prices have attracted the low lifes and up to 10 lure display panels of early Australian lures were stolen on the weekend from Evan's Head where a formal display was being prepared for them.
Insurance is a challenge for a collection like this and many of the lures were irreplaceable!!
Please keep your ears and eyes peeled for a big slug of lures going cheap and let's keep this from happening again. Of interest were several Australian maps with Gaden lures on them - they were not unique - I was sent an email picture of several before Christmas from another keen and longstanding collector.
If anyone has any information, I believe that a reward is being offered.
Frank Prokop
Frank, Did anything come of this?

Were they ever recovered?

Jigmaster
Guru
Guru

Post by Jigmaster » Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:00 pm

Hi Craig

No nothing came of this unfortunately.

Trevor McFeeters son listed a very big lot of lures soon after this and questions were asked, but he was wanting money to deal with a family medical issue so it was totally coincidental. Would have been a good buy too but big lots often don't bring as good a price.

Those lures are still out there and they are hot so it pays to watch out for them so thanks for bringing this to the front again.

Jigmaster
Guru
Guru

Post by Jigmaster » Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:16 pm

No pictures at this stage but will ask Bill Classon if he has any from when they were in the museum in Melbourne.

The biggest part of the collection was Gaden woods.

aussbasstony
Guru
Guru

Re: Beware of Cheap Australian lures - big theft in Evans He

Post by aussbasstony » Sun May 20, 2012 10:47 am

bullrout22 wrote:And old post but after Rob's post about the stolen lures there is not a lot of info no pictures but please keep and eye out for them

I do not like crooks zippedsmilie smckin smckin

Never saw this post Dave, but surely someone has a picture of the missing lot !

Return to “Vintage & Collectable Lures General Chat”