Who said there are no bargains???

brolly
Guru
Guru

Re: Who said there are no bargains???

Post by brolly » Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:47 pm

That's ok Jim all the good guys know my ebay code i don't mind.You know you're right it was more fun a few years ago and one thing i was keen on(a couple of years ago when we could) and that was being able to contact the winning buyer of something that i either missed or was outbid on and offer him considerably more than he'd paid and sometimes a deal was negotiated and often led to other trades.I guess that could also of lead to a lot of people being hassled that didn't want to be.Ah well those times are gone now. Mike.

oldfish
Expert
Expert

Post by oldfish » Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:58 pm

Thanks Mike,Wouldn't have wanted to offend you.

Simon,aren't you the Edwards expert? Bottom left vaguely reminds me of an Edwards sinking model which is current at the moment.

Cheers,Jim

MXB
Master
Master

Post by MXB » Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:11 pm

Well done Mike . . . they went to a good home. I missed that lot too and my searches normally cover most listings (and there's always 200 in my saved list!!)

There does seem to be some obscure sections to list items in Ebay and it does seem strange that the seller didn't put them in the Vintage and Collectables section?? Anyway I suppose the more you look the more you will find.

MXB

howdy
IF YOU ARE FEELING DOWN JUST PULL OUT YOUR FAVOURITE LURE AND DREAM OF BETTER TIMES

simon bruce
Master
Master

Post by simon bruce » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:27 pm

Jim

While I have an unhealthy (for the bank balance) passion (in a manly lure collecting way) for Norm Edwards lures I don't think I know enough to claim any particular expertise. I do have an advantage of having a number in my posession and i am always keen to find out more on them and their maker which should result in a elevated level of knowledge at some stage in the future.

That aside I haven't seen one that particualr shape generally speaking the ones I have and have viewed have a flat bottom whereas that one is oval. However i think that there are probably models unsighted.

I am sure Brolly will provide some more detailed photos once his haul of treasures arrive.

Rellik-doc-rob
Guru
Guru

Post by Rellik-doc-rob » Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:25 am

Brolly......good luck to you with the bargain pick-up clapclap

Gotta be in it to win it..........some more timber lures to toss at those black Bass lol lol lol Rob
Rellik-Doc-Rob...

The Harder I work, the luckier I get...

Capt.Seaweed
Guru
Guru

Post by Capt.Seaweed » Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:04 am

Mike,
Good luck to you, think you've increased your Dempster collection by four, possibly five.
This could make you the new Dempsterholic, lol nice mint ones too by the pic.
Regards, Tony (Wulagi, NT).
"Always merry and bright"

brolly
Guru
Guru

Post by brolly » Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:44 pm

Well boys the $28 bargain arrived today in the mail and and the one lure in question does appear to me to have some similarities with the other Demsters but i'll leave it to the experts.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

simon bruce
Master
Master

Post by simon bruce » Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:55 pm

It does have the look.

Not just dempsters but a different shaped one as well, good stuff.

fishaholiclures
Master
Master

Post by fishaholiclures » Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:12 pm

varryy niccceee Mike, well done clapclap

had a few bargain moments myself the recently, the best was the following. Saw these and had some suspicions of what they were, so threw in a speculator bid as they closed. I was the only bidder and got them for the princely sum of $10.
They turned up today, and a couple of checks with some images I had confirmed that they are Killalure Devastators, a pair each colour in the 2 sizes 150mm and 180mm.
Killalure Devastators.JPG
These are timber with internal weights and designed to be trolled offshore.
Very welcome additions to my ever increasing Dave Killalea made...Killalure collection.

Brad
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I know what I know, the rest is simply details
acta non verba

brolly
Guru
Guru

Post by brolly » Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:57 pm

Great score Brad but maybe they wouldn't have been so cheap if the maker had remembered to glue the bibs in them lol lol lol

Return to “Vintage & Collectable Lures General Chat”