Lure From Santa

brolly
Guru
Guru

Lure From Santa

Post by brolly » Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:11 am

If you could have Santa bring you just ONE lure.What would it be?It could be one to complete that prize collection or one that you consider too rare or valuable to obtain or just one you'd like to add to your collection for whatever reason.For me it would be a Timber Downunder Boomerang.So lets hear what others would like Santa to bring them.Remember only One.What would be your choice?
??? ???

fishaholiclures
Master
Master

Re: Lure From Santa

Post by fishaholiclures » Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:07 am

HMMMM ??? ??? ???
a Kad..... no ??? a pearl shell inlay Stu... no ??? maybe a 10th Anniv Dec....no, Mike said only 1 lure -duh ..ummmm
a Moll....ummm geez this is harder than it seems....a Bak......ummm maybe a timber Boom.....

you bugger Mike, this is depressing me.....cccc MULLYYyyyy MIKEY ISN'T PLAYING FAIR cccc

He won't let us choose more than one pokeystix

Brad
I know what I know, the rest is simply details
acta non verba

simon bruce
Master
Master

Post by simon bruce » Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:31 am

A good question Brolly, though to me it raises the deeper question of why people collect lures.

If a lure you desire just turns up then you have the satisfaction of having it. But if you are able to track down, wheel and deal and acquire the lure is that then more satisfying than merely having the lure? Although the santa aspect of getting something unexpectedly makes the lure more valuable so on that basis anything from Santa would be appreciated.

Anyway not meant to answer a question with a question so for me at the moment I would like a molded Norm Edwards with reflective inlay.

Tackle tragic

Post by Tackle tragic » Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:38 am

nice thread brolly clapclap

for me it would be a dempster.....I have been on the hunt now for a while and most have been way over my budget -duh

I wish all the L&M Family a wonderful Christmas and a safe new year.

Hope the fat bloke drops off some good old woodies for you all thumbsupsmilie

any of course get some string pulled on some serious fish....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

two-bob

Post by two-bob » Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:37 pm

Easy, I would like Santa to rock up with a 1/2 meter Scorpion Lure thumbsupsmilie

Bit like a wild river Bass, that size still eludes me bowsmilie

oldfish
Expert
Expert

Post by oldfish » Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:42 pm

Considered wooden Boomerang but decided on unused wooden Stumpy in its packet please Santa.

Have left out a bale of lucerne hay and Tim Tams and milk.

I have been a good boy,

Little Jimmy

two-bob

Post by two-bob » Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:51 pm

oldfish wrote:Considered wooden Boomerang but decided on unused wooden Stumpy in its packet please Santa.

Have left out a bale of lucerne hay and Tim Tams and milk.

I have been a good boy,

Little Jimmy
Sorry oldfish but lucerne makes deer fart, Santa wont be happy with you lol

MXB
Master
Master

Post by MXB » Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:19 pm

You guys are a laugh with farting deer and Tim Tams (I'd beat Santa every time to that one) lol lol

Please Santa . . . bring me a Baker Cray in any condition but preferably near new. No 1 on my hit list. Havn't got one and want one real bad!!

Roger

Xmas blessings to you all

howdy
IF YOU ARE FEELING DOWN JUST PULL OUT YOUR FAVOURITE LURE AND DREAM OF BETTER TIMES

Lure-Nut
Master
Master

Post by Lure-Nut » Sun Dec 20, 2009 4:47 pm

There is one lure that I want in my Santa sack .... it's a Deception Yabby complete with Nippers (like the Baker Cray) - even a photo would be nice so I know my dream has a potential ending ???

Apparently there are a couple of them out there somewhere bowsmilie
Cheers Rob

oldfish
Expert
Expert

Post by oldfish » Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:50 pm

Now,50 odd years later I finally understand why I had to drag that bloody bale of lucerne back to the haystack every Xmas Day.

Mum said it was because the kids up the road must have left out 2 bales and the reindeer were full,but it was just Santa protecting himself.

Return to “Vintage & Collectable Lures General Chat”