Why Do You Collect and What?

Rupe
Master
Master

Re: Why Do You Collect and What?

Post by Rupe » Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:29 am

nice lures Baz...wanna swap me those RMG's for some in packets...?

If yes I'll head down to k-mart & grab some in my lunch break! lol lol lol
Rupe.

Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught...

simon bruce
Master
Master

Post by simon bruce » Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:34 pm

ALways liked lure fishing and thought that Australian made timber would be a good thing. So in recent times have started collecting.

I had a nice catch on a Classic Pro Alternative and thought that as RMG lures were a forerunner that it would be nice to get a few of those, when Rowdy started putting his up on the other sellng place I thought I would concentrate on getting a few different types in one colour scheme so started with yellow black scale. However this turned into something a bit more but that's another post.

Anyway heres my timber RMGs in one colour scheme.
yellowblackscale.jpg
Top down

Deep One, Tempter 3, Cobra, Guppy, Biggoon, 3x Rellik Docs, 2x Battle Axe
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

brolly
Guru
Guru

Post by brolly » Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:45 pm

Now that's an awsome bunch of RMG'S you have there droolsmilie and i must admit i probably competed with you in your quest to secure those and now i know why you wanted em so bad.Excellent stuff and don't hide em away in box somewhere.Get em on display. clapclap

simon bruce
Master
Master

Post by simon bruce » Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:32 pm

Thanks Mike, yes I think we might have had an interest in a few of the same at times all part of the chase.

Ended up with more than this lot though and have got some inspiration ideas from the photos of various display methods people have used.

Rupe
Master
Master

Post by Rupe » Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:29 pm

Simon, old buddy old pal...

Please forward those to:

Mr R. Q. Gaden
9 Dolphin Dr
Toormina
NSW 2452

Thanks Mate clapclap thumbsupsmilie clapclap
Rupe.

Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught...

MXB
Master
Master

Post by MXB » Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:18 pm

TonyM wrote:Up until very recently I was the same as (or should that be "sane" as?) LureCrazy ???

All of my lures were fair game and had one purpose only - to (hopefully) catch fish.

Then I discovered that a few of my lures were it seemed "collectible" .....

Since then it's been a downwards spiral and the disease has firmly taken hold crazysmilie

I thought chasing Barra was addictive, but this is almost as bad!

My bank account balance is falling and my modest collection is growing, and each run through the tacklebox sees more lures going in the "not to be fished" pile!

As my favourite fish to chase is Barra, my collection too is mostly focussed on Barra lures from QLD and NT, although there is more than one exception to this "rule"

I'm gone . . . lure addiction took hold at a young age and has continued unabated to this day. My focus is old vintage woodens and antique lures with a special focus on mice, insects, animal and bird lures. For 25 years I have spent all spare money on lures and have too many to count!!

I love the history and particularly the early advertising on early boxed lures, the quality of manufacture and knowing that someone else has bought it, fished it, looked at it and loved it.

I LOVE LURE COLLECTING AND IT SENT ME CRAZY YEARS AGO!!

I will be broke but my children will do well when I depart this lure crazy planet

blahblah blahblah blahblah

As my bank balance gets lower though, I am beginning to become more focussed so at least a little sanity remains!
MXB
IF YOU ARE FEELING DOWN JUST PULL OUT YOUR FAVOURITE LURE AND DREAM OF BETTER TIMES

simon bruce
Master
Master

Post by simon bruce » Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:35 pm

Fossicked through my timber RMG's to seee what I have in red black.

These three appear to be predominantly Red/Black although the Biggoon has a bit of yellow contrast.

Cobra, Ridgeback and Biggoon.
rbrmgtop.jpg
rbrmgside.jpg
rbrmgbottom.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Stephen Booth
Expert
Expert

Post by Stephen Booth » Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:11 am

OK Now I feel somewhat sick!

rocket75
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post by rocket75 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:04 pm

I know this is an old post, but it is a great one! I'm not a collector, but have quite a few lures that get used regularly.
I have recently been toying with the idea of starting a collection, and was pondering what to collect?
From this thread I can see some people pick a lure maker, some pick a colour/scheme or Country of Origin and others pick a lure style.
What a conundrum ???
I'd sort of like to collect something that is a bit different...but also attainable.
I'm leaning towards a lure style, probably my favourite bass lure: the Lipless Crank.
Quite a few different manufacturers, lots of colours and readily available...it ticks a few boxes thumbsupsmilie
Does anyone else out there collect these in particular?
All feedback welcome, and perhaps what you collect and why to continue the theme.
thanks
rod

OLDMAN
Master
Master

Post by OLDMAN » Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:11 pm

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

turn around and RUN VERY FAST

Only kidding.
Good luck with your new affliction. thumbsupsmilie
Laurie