Why Do You Collect and What?

Baz

Re: Why Do You Collect and What?

Post by Baz » Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:56 am

I don't consider myself a serious 'collector' of lures, although I do have quite a few that will never see water again.I do have a big soft spot for any RMG's or any other lure brands Rob made, I also like RTB Legends, Custom Crafted, dolls eyed Dam Buster's.I like the lures mentioned because some have caught me a heap of fish and because the quality of the finish and the craftmanship of the lure.I only really like Aussie lures, preferably timber, but there are some great 'plastic' lures that are classed as collectable out there.
Cheers'
Baz

tacklerat
Expert
Expert

Post by tacklerat » Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:32 pm

One I just made
feas.JPG
-hmmthink -hmmthink I have always been addicted to lures and lure fishing I suppose my collections get built around what fish Im targeting Im a great fan of Koolabung lures as Im good friends with Ed also Serge lures but the colour thing is interesting I love orange over gold lures a new angle to start a new collection yay cheers
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

brolly
Guru
Guru

Post by brolly » Sun Jul 19, 2009 1:12 pm

Ah yes but more red and black or is that black and red either way i suspect some of these will be soon be off to a new home ???
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Stephen Booth
Expert
Expert

Post by Stephen Booth » Sun Jul 19, 2009 1:28 pm

Brolly

salutee salutee btme salutee btme btme salutee salutee btme maddd maddd maddd zippedsmilie censored censored zippedsmilie btme salutee salutee btme

Thanks

SB

fishaholiclures
Master
Master

Post by fishaholiclures » Sun Jul 19, 2009 1:43 pm

Boothy,
They are starting to gang up on ya mate, as you are an honourary Qld'er of some years standing, I feel it's only right that I help you out. I was having sort through and update of the collection data base and came across a CC Extractor and a Lawsy's Barra Supreme (in NIP Swagman packet) in Red Black colourations that are excess to my needs. I will hold them aside for you at the end of our continuing communications thumbsupsmilie

Brad
I know what I know, the rest is simply details
acta non verba

Stephen Booth
Expert
Expert

Post by Stephen Booth » Sun Jul 19, 2009 4:13 pm

Brad

Apart form the stench of rotting cockroach I'd almost kiss your cane toad butt assy

Will talk soon.

SB

Mully
Master
Master
Mood:

Post by Mully » Sun Jul 19, 2009 4:20 pm

Thanks for selling them all to me Brolly appreciate it oh Stephen nahnah nahnah nahnah nahnah nahnah

brolly
Guru
Guru

Post by brolly » Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:23 pm

No problem Mully i think Boothy will be really concerned when he finds out that you've started to collect red and black as well. lol lol lol

Stephen Booth
Expert
Expert

Post by Stephen Booth » Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:49 pm

You both may be wonderful guys but maddd maddd maddd

Nuff said!

For a more serious talk. I was thinking more about why I collect and I think it came down to working at Australian Fishing Network with Bill Classon and the Australian Fishing Museum he had there. Every day I'd have to walk past over 1500 lures and lure boards with names attached and they were all pristine lures. Then that Sandgroper Frank used to pop over and tell me all about lures and the like. I was already addicted via use, but these two people made me appreciate Aussie Lures all that much more. So to Bill and Frank, my missus thanks you for the home renovation gone wrong and my daughter will truly appreciate being left a bunch of old lures!

As for red and black - still no clues, maybe I am just strange.

fishaholiclures
Master
Master

Post by fishaholiclures » Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:11 pm

Boothy,
could the colour fixation be a phsycosomatic symptom of being removed from your birth state and having to watch those GAYFL games on foxtel????
Were you by chance a St Kilda or Essendon supporter, as both their strips contain lashings of aforementioned colours..... ???

Dr Brad (AEI. SOLC. MOTMMC)
I know what I know, the rest is simply details
acta non verba

Return to “Vintage & Collectable Lures General Chat”