WHICH BRAID????

tracker
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

WHICH BRAID????

Post by tracker » Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:23 pm

Hello gents just thought I would put it out there and ask what braid fisho's are using ? I have been using 6lb to 10lb suffix in the past and found it very good then went to 4 and 6lb super PE all so very good but have been getting a few wind knot's of late -duh anyone else experiencing this as well?? all so have been using 4lb fins very good also any one using anything else?? that is worth a try cheers Mick

Mully
Master
Master
Mood:

Re: WHICH BRAID????

Post by Mully » Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:06 pm

moved to braid lines accessories

Craig
Master
Master

Post by Craig » Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:48 pm

First person I've heard say something nice about Suffix, I had it on my spin rod and hated it but like it on my overhead.
On my spin I use Fireline in Pink on all my reels from 2kg to 6kg, no complaints yet.
Tagged and Released

Mully
Master
Master
Mood:

Post by Mully » Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:27 pm

depends on your budget mate ,,,sensor is nice by daiwa, tuff line is tops but only avail over 10lb , climax braid is very very nice i love the low lb in this braid, never had problems with fireline it is noisy and some is very stiff needs a bit of work casting to get it perfect [only my opinion] [suffix sux] zippedsmilie ,, heard good things about bass hard and yamatoyo braids in the light versions also...Cant think of anything else -duh thumbsupsmilie

Beachworm
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post by Beachworm » Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:27 am

HI,
You won"t hear a good word from me about sufix brade, only it"s the worst. I have been trying P E Casterway lately and find it doe:s actually cact further but it also breaks at the breaking strain it is very easy to use and has not been getting any wind knots as yet seems ok. But i have to addmit it is very hard to go past Fireline it is long lasting hard wearing and keeps coming up trumps,so i would have to say Fireline does it for me. thumbsupsmilie

Baz

Post by Baz » Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:27 pm

Fireline XDS was a great line.Not sure if it is still being made.The XDS stands for Xtra Durable and Smooth.It is a camo green colour and I fish it on my Cod rod.The line is a bit stiff to start with but is good after a few trips,I have only used it on baitcasters.On my spinning reels I use Crystal Fireline and can't fault it.

bass_n_b.o.b

Post by bass_n_b.o.b » Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:42 pm

FIRELINE no nonsence good knot strenth &reiliable i use crystal its all good.....SUFFIX RUBBISH::::::: thubsdown thubsdown shockedsmilie shockedsmilie -wowoh

tacklerat
Expert
Expert

Post by tacklerat » Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:31 pm

bass_n_b.o.b wrote:FIRELINE no nonsence good knot strenth &reiliable i use crystal its all good.....SUFFIX RUBBISH::::::: thubsdown thubsdown shockedsmilie shockedsmilie -wowoh
Very Interesting comments guys,I hesitated to go the lighter suffix braid after hearing similar comments to the ones hear,but after using the heavy 50 on Awoonga barra, I came home and gave the light suffix a go and while your comments are your own personal experience I have found the suffix excellent and had no probs at all with it,weird hey some like it some dont,cheers

jardz
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post by jardz » Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:13 pm

i only use braid now and have tried many different brands i have found under ten pound u cant beat platapus super braid with fireline in a close second these are the best for light line because they are round braids so that ure knots hold on light line and over that fins prt and berkly whiplash (yes this suprised me with its price with it being so cheap) is the way to go whiplash is the strongest out of the 2 but it doesnt have very good abrassive ressistance (it is the thinest aswell) so a double a must (mind u i have never fished with 80,100pnd plus so i couldnt tell u any heavier than 50)

Dan
Guru
Guru

Post by Dan » Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:03 am

Basshard is great from 6lb upwards, the 4lb is extremely thin and gets quite a few knots. Daiwa's braid is very nice, especially the Saltiga Surf. Tuff line is great, especially for the price. Yamatoyo braid is great as well.

Return to “FISHING BRAIDS - FISHING LINES - TACKLE BOX'S - ACCESSORIES”