Re: NITRO VAPOR 7" -- opinions?

Post by HOTRODS » Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:44 pm

so i should be well sub 100 then.

MR_T
Rookie
Rookie

Post by MR_T » Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:11 am

if you shopped around you might pick up a daiwa steez droolsmilie for similar $$

crusty
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post by crusty » Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:54 pm

Matt and Hotrods,

Snuck the one I'm building inside and stuck it on the digital Kitchen scales (not sure how accurate they are) and it was just under 90grams. With the alconite guides. The binding on some of my top guides is too long so I'm going to redo them. One is loose anyway. I think the smaller guides must have slipped up the blank a little while I was trying get the thread to stay on the sloping bit.

And I didn't get a proper butt cap in the handle kit so I have used as a temporary, a rubber chair leg cap roughly cut to shape which is heavy and ugly but stops stuff getting inside the blank when I test fished it.

I would guess that the swizzle's would come under 90 easy and with the titanium guides ????

crusty

Damo

Post by Damo » Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:39 pm

If i was using my rod exlusively for bream i'd use tatsg's but dunno if i'd want to use them for mullies they seem'd a tad weak, personally i didn't like them... But hey if it was a tournament rod then i'd think about it..For $50 U.S i'll stick with the YSG's thumbsupsmilie

HOTRODS

Post by HOTRODS » Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:37 pm

i remember reading somwhere that that TATSG's are designed and rated up to 4kg..so over that thr Y frame is definalty the go...maybe gold cermets ? droolsmilie

Return to “FISHING RODS FRESHWATER AND SALTWATER FISHING RODS GENERAL DISCUSSION”