NITRO VAPOR 7" -- opinions?

__MATT__
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

NITRO VAPOR 7" -- opinions?

Post by __MATT__ » Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:11 pm

I was wondering if anyone on here owns or has used any of the Nitro Vapor rods, particuarly the seven footer? Weighing in at only 78 grams they seem to be quite a good finesse stick. So, what are peoples opinions?

http://www.innovatorrods.com/nitro-vapor70.html

I am new to the site by the way, seems awesome! thumbsupsmilie

Cheers. Matt

Mully
Master
Master
Mood:

Re: NITRO VAPOR 7" -- opinions?

Post by Mully » Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:44 pm

gday Matt dont know much about them mate ,they do look the goods

Welcome to the site howdy

HOTRODS

Post by HOTRODS » Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:58 pm

bit rich for a standard cork insert pipe seat...and im told the blanks are a bit average in material (for the price they are selling them for)
apart from that they look pretty snazzy and being a lower modulas graphite blank thy will take a bit more punishment from the high stick bregade ! lol

ps. welcome on board Matt howdy

crusty
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post by crusty » Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:40 pm

Hotrods,
One of the big marketing points on these rods is their very light weight. As you know I'm building (probably copying is a better term) a hastings rod like your and it feels extremely light.

do you know what you made up rods weigh?

Crusty

__MATT__
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post by __MATT__ » Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:53 pm

Thanks for the advice so far guys, and yes one of the major reasons that i am looking at buying one of these is because of their weight (or lack of it.) Would be interested to know how much a schwizzle weighs in at as i'd be more than happy to hand over my $400 to hot rods as I've heard nothing but glowing reports.

Cheers, Matt.

HOTRODS

Post by HOTRODS » Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:53 pm

err LIGHT !

7' models blanks start @ 36-45gms bare and i cant do an accurate weight yet but with my Digi bream scales and a bit of juggling im coming up at a sub 100gm average with the high density EVA so im guessing that cork will be a few grams lighter. and IF im really concious i can also cut down on glue and drop weight again...
its one thing i have to get done properly as this issue comes up a lot ..

__MATT__
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post by __MATT__ » Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:19 am

Hhhhmmmm, sounds like nitro might have a bit of competition there! -wowoh
Will it be worth the extra money for me to go upgrade to sics to further reduce weight and increase sensitivity? Or do you think that the difference will be so marginal that tha BYAG's will suffice? ( I know that that is a hard question to answer as its based on personal preference but you're opinion would be none the less appreciated).
Also, I live in adelaide, will postage be an issue?
Cheers. Matt

HOTRODS

Post by HOTRODS » Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:16 am

you can feel the difference between the Alconites and the Titaniums (single leg) for sure ! dont think the sensitivity is any diferent but the weight is.
in the larger guides there is twice the metal in the alconites over the titaniums AND titanium is lighter again than the Stainless Steel Fuji use in the standard guides..so over all if your going for as light as possible the TATSG's are my preferance...they do look better AND they DONT RUST !!!!!! so more pro's than cons i guess... thumbsupsmilie

ben k
Rookie
Rookie

Post by ben k » Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:27 pm

i've gotta agree with HR there, there is ALOT of weight difference between the single leg titanium guides and alconites.

Damo

Post by Damo » Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:38 pm

The Gusa 700 dhx i built weighed a mere 100 grams with YSG guides?? susssmilie

Return to “FISHING RODS FRESHWATER AND SALTWATER FISHING RODS GENERAL DISCUSSION”