Which Rod

Craig
Master
Master

Which Rod

Post by Craig » Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:58 pm

I'm looking for a rod for a Daiwa 2500 spin reel. I'll be running 4kg Braid and chaseing Bass in impoundments. I want it to be about 210cm long.

I've always like Strudwick and then Loomis, but with so many good brands out there what would you use.

Budget is $500.00

Got to be honest and say I havn't heard of most of them.
Tagged and Released

Mr_Willy
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Which Rod

Post by Mr_Willy » Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:03 pm

Mate, why not go with a Custom Built Rod?

HotRods SwizzleStik 701MF 7' 3-4kg. Check out Perries website - http://www.perrieshotrods.com/. The rod will cost you $395 which is under your budget, and you can have it tailored to however you want it.

I have the same stick, except I had mine shortened to 6 foot as I snapped my first one, then snapped my second one - has ended up costing me big bucks in the end, but as I do a bit of trolling with mine Perrie shortened it for me. If you need a reference as to how good they are I think that is it - the fact that despite the cost I have gone back twice to have it rebuilt - the rod has probably ended up costing me over $700, but I wouldn't have it any other way as the rod is just sensational - trust me, you will not be disappointed. I used to think custom rods were overprice and overrated, but I am now their biggest advocate - the feel and control you get is amazing - the 3-4kg Swizzle feels super light in your hand and will cast small lures a massive distance, but the secret is in the power when you hook up - it took my completely by surprise - I have landed Yellowbelly (CALLOP!!) to 50cm on mine and it couldn’t believe the ease with which it was done!!

Oh yeah, I run a Daiwa Exceler 2500 on mine, with 10lb braid, so exactly what you are going to do - and I would love to take mine to the impoundments chasing Goldens and Bass one day!!!

matt77
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post by matt77 » Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:02 am

have a look at blue arces lamiglass,plenty of rods to choose from perfect for bass and bream

Damo

Post by Damo » Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:28 pm

GUSA duel heilex blank 702 dhx light and very solid i am building one at the moment.. I also rate Tournament pro Starlostix Midspin rods i have two now and for $200 they are a steal and not too shabby for an off the shelf rod... I have just also recieved some Loomis IMX blanks 6'6 S782 they are light weight and fast action 2 to 4kg really nice blanks

Return to “FISHING RODS FRESHWATER AND SALTWATER FISHING RODS GENERAL DISCUSSION”