cork or eva

ben k
Rookie
Rookie

Post by ben k » Sun May 25, 2008 11:37 am

g'day Damo,
metho works awesome ! i think i might of read it somewhere on this forum a while back and tried it, all my rods look new again yay

and with the grip position, i hold it there as when i cast i can feather the line with my forefinger if i need to, and i wind with the other hand, so i dont need to change my grip on the rod at all.
and it just feels right for me.

ben.

HOTRODS

Post by HOTRODS » Sun May 25, 2008 11:45 am

ah well there is the other side of the debate comming in..casting style / winding hand..i cast with my right arm...open water - my index finger is infront of the reel foot only...when i cant into structure i ues the same 'fether' tech with the reel foot in between finger 3 and 4 with index finger 'feathering' the spool lip...
BUT i then do the ol switch a roo and hold left, wond with right and THEN i hold the grp with my little finger BEHIND the rell foot withteh majority of my hand / palm now on the foregrip (whn using an IPS of VSS style seat)

so it all comes down to style and personal preferance again...

ben k
Rookie
Rookie

Post by ben k » Sun May 25, 2008 12:00 pm

i had to read that twice HR ! confused me there for a bit -crazy crazysmilie

i used to do that swicharoo a long time ago, got tired of changing hands all the time!!

HOTRODS

Post by HOTRODS » Sun May 25, 2008 12:16 pm

sory Ben i speak Tasswegian for you next time nahnah lol

i'll take some photo's that may explain it better..plius we all LOVE pretty pictures...

ben k
Rookie
Rookie

Post by ben k » Sun May 25, 2008 12:21 pm

nah mate, i'm pretty slow on a sunday sleepsmilie
i've got it now, dont worry about the pics. unless you think there may be others out there that are more asleep than me.......

Fizza

Post by Fizza » Sun May 25, 2008 1:55 pm

You can also varnish cork Ben if you want to keep it smik looking. thumbsupsmilie

HOTRODS

Post by HOTRODS » Sun May 25, 2008 3:35 pm

i did have aplay with some Matt estapol (spray can version) light spray over the cork new has been great, keep sit matt / grip finish and adds a little protection...

ether way its just wood so treat it as such..good buff with some bee's wax works a treat as well, protects and add's extra gip

Fizza

Post by Fizza » Sun May 25, 2008 4:00 pm

Can stain em too -yup assy

Station49
Guru
Guru

Post by Station49 » Sun May 25, 2008 6:41 pm

Hmmm..... yer where's my commision HR!!!!!???

lol

Interesting argument guys... i rekon ill stick with my EVA though... Besides, i tend to rest my index finger on the blank in front of the fore grip half the time anyway.... works for me ;)
Last edited by Station49 on Sun May 25, 2008 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Macca

HOTRODS

Post by HOTRODS » Sun May 25, 2008 7:29 pm

Station49 wrote:Hmmm..... yer weres my commision HR!!!!!???
oh you'll get whats comming to you !!! nahnah

Return to “FISHING RODS FRESHWATER AND SALTWATER FISHING RODS GENERAL DISCUSSION”