new to the site

bream reaper
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Re: new to the site

Post by bream reaper » Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:11 pm

Thanks again. The grips are the standard Fuji cork split grips that I marble. They are nice and hard and don't fade or get dirty like the plain cork. I will say that they can get slippery when its raining a lot or you get fish slime on them. I use fingerless gloves now so they can't slip out no matter what.
Cheers, Jan.

Damo

Post by Damo » Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:40 pm

I think you underrate your work also it's sweet wish could wrap like that or can i hmmm not qite as good, how long have you been doing it Jan?
I also love building rods, i have done the spider also and it's not hard but very time consuming, i done 16 spiders up my surf stick one day i'll get it finished....Cheers Damo
Last edited by Damo on Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Damo

Post by Damo » Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:21 pm

ok thumbsupsmilie
spider.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

bream reaper
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post by bream reaper » Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:32 pm

Nice job Damo, well done on such a long wrap. Did you do two different rods as in one pic its blue and the other its seems green or is that the camera?.

Cheers, Jan.

Damo

Post by Damo » Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:52 pm

Cheers, yeah the first pic was a second ditch effort on a mates rod it turned out sweeter than mine censored mates lol
Yeah Dave, i have done heaps but i try to stick to simple builds now but if someone wants one i do them but it does strain the eyes and back...

Damo

Post by Damo » Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:04 pm

couple more
wrap.jpg
they are unfinished in this pic i forgot to take pics once i packed and 2 parted them crazysmilie

And here is a pic of the lastone i done on my Snarr ...
Close up maze.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

crusty
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post by crusty » Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:58 pm

The pictures of the rods with the marbled handles and the article that went with them in the GoFish magazine early this year convinced me to build a Hasting bream rod up (see my thread of a couple of months ago). Although I left the grips plain cork as I was concerned the epoxy could get slippery.
Had heaps of hassles (especially with the epoxy) getting the rod to just an ordinary standard, hats off to anyone who can build this well.

I've just started another rod and looking at the binds I'm going to have go back to the Hastings and rebind the guides it at some stage. But I might do some fishing with it first.

Crusty

bream reaper
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post by bream reaper » Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:31 am

Thanks Crusty,

It's nice to get a bit of feedback about the articles. At least I know one person has read it, lol. Yeah a bit of fish slime makes the grips slippery but I wear fingerless gloves so doesn't worry me now. Good luck with the next rod.

Cheers, Jan.

tacklerat
Expert
Expert

Post by tacklerat » Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:31 pm

crusty wrote:The pictures of the rods with the marbled handles and the article that went with them in the GoFish magazine early this year convinced me to build a Hasting bream rod up (see my thread of a couple of months ago). Although I left the grips plain cork as I was concerned the epoxy could get slippery.
Had heaps of hassles (especially with the epoxy) getting the rod to just an ordinary standard, hats off to anyone who can build this well.

I've just started another rod and looking at the binds I'm going to have go back to the Hastings and rebind the guides it at some stage. But I might do some fishing with it first.

Crusty
Hi Crusty,What edition was that article in I did not get it unfortunately looking at those rods I would be interested in the hastings bream blank specks myself,cheers

bream reaper
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post by bream reaper » Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:19 pm

Here is the recipe from the article Tacklerat.
Cheers, Jan.

Flicken the light fantastic

RECIPE:

• Hastings Pioneer – PUR70UL 1-2kg in either one or two piece

• Guides Titanium: Fuji TATSG- 25,16,12,10,8 TLSG 7,6,6 Tip TFST 6/2.0

• Spacing from center of tip to next guide in cm 9,10,11,13,16,19,22,28

• Fuji IPS Deluxe Split Grip with Silver winding checks

• Paints for marbling are Testors enamel in black and silver or whatever colours you want
to use.

Return to “CUSTOM MADE FISHING RODS OR YOUR OWN ROD YOU HAVE MADE”