bass lures mouse

chimpetta
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

bass lures mouse

Post by chimpetta » Sun May 27, 2012 9:47 pm

hi guys ive just started building lures my 1st is a lure for bass in shape of a mouse .it will be a surface lure .should i propellor it or not ? should i add alittle lead in tail section to make it sit up ? any info is good .cheers

finnsurance
Rookie
Rookie
Mood:

Re: bass lures mouse

Post by finnsurance » Thu May 31, 2012 9:06 pm

I would flick onto eBay type in "mouse lure" and you should get 50 in Aus & 140 Usa to help give you ideas
To improve on.

You could try and have a tail epoxyed in above a treble hook near its but hole to weigh it down to sit its head up a bit.

Then have 2 single hooks where the back legs would be on the rope style to the closed eye hooks ?

With a bit of small silver or brass blade to get their attention ? And look like legs kicked

I have never used one but just throwing you some ideas for you.

Try and Have a look on eBay to get some more ideas mate and look for older ones they seemed to know what worked back then thumbsupsmilie

Cheers Rick
If I'm not fishing I'm thinking about It

chimpetta
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post by chimpetta » Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:32 pm

thanks heaps mate im looking into it now should be finished lure this week ill post a pix cheers.

neb
Expert
Expert

Post by neb » Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:08 pm

Chimpetta, depending on the wood used the mouse shape should naturally make the tail end heavier so sit in the water with tail slightly down, I would myself put a prop on the tail end and make it into a fizzer......Nev

chimpetta
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post by chimpetta » Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:43 pm

hi neb funny you should say that bout prop on tail end i was thnking the same thing .cheers 4 your imput.:) the weight distribution for mouse shape , yep ur right, little bit lighter in front just what i was after ! thk you.

Return to “LURE MAKING LURE DESIGN LURES YOU HAVE MADE”