Hours of carving

diemai
Master
Master

Re: Hours of carving

Post by diemai » Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:12 pm

@ MXB

Roger , I've seen pictures of that mottled finish on the old "Tango's" , ........very beautiful , ..........and actually I don't have many different color pattern options using handbrushes and modelmaking enamels , .......but I've just found that this method is more foolproof rather than utilizing spraycans , which can sometimes cause compability problems(never forgot that I had to strip down the paint again on an entire bunch of lures years ago lol ) .

And I simply enjoy the hours spent down the workshop just like casting lures at the water's edge as well , .....all daily troubles are so far away then , ........so I surely won't mind about extra efforts of working time .

This lathe-turned grub seems to have a somewhat tighter wiggle as if the lurebody would not have all of these segments(swam the lure in blank condition before) ,...... I have made similar lures before without any segments , so I'm familiar to the way they swim .

Probably these segment rings do generate some kinda vortices to slow the wiggle down for just a tad , ...in this case they should also generate a different vortice pattern for the fish to sense with their lateral line .

Gonna make a test video coming weekend , won't find time for it before , I guess .

Thanks a lot bowsmilie , ....greetz , Dieter howdy
Hurts so bad living in a loony bin !

Tincan
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Tincan » Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:49 pm

Diemai you have done it again, a master clapclap thumbsupsmilie droolsmilie
You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.

diemai
Master
Master

Post by diemai » Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:26 pm

Tincan wrote:Diemai you have done it again, a master clapclap thumbsupsmilie droolsmilie

Thanks a lot , mate bowsmilie ,......... always like to try out different lure designs , ...for me this is the cream on the coffee lol !

@ MXB

Though I've never heard of sucha grub species in my life , Roger , ....but I'm still convinced that local fish might still take this lure lol , ...it's swimming action just turned out that nice !

Found time to make a test video of the latest bunch this morning and uploaded it just now :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfzSqOPLLtY

Gained a lot of inspiration and inspiration for these deep divers here on LureAndMore , ......thanks so much for this , mates bowsmilie !

greetz , Dieter howdy

MXB
Master
Master

Post by MXB » Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:17 am

@diemai . . .

I just watched your recent bathtub testing and those lures have turned out real nice. clapclap clapclap

Your 'Aussie' style lures will work well and get down nice and deep workming the rod hard thumbsupsmilie

More excellent patterns too and the pastels look good in the water

MXB

howdy
IF YOU ARE FEELING DOWN JUST PULL OUT YOUR FAVOURITE LURE AND DREAM OF BETTER TIMES

diemai
Master
Master

Post by diemai » Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:27 pm

@ MXB

Thanks , Roger bowsmilie , ....I'm in good hope about these deep divers , too , .........not so much for pike , ....but trophy sized redfins are likely to take those lures as well , .......and these are much better cooking lol !

greetz , Dieter howdy

diemai
Master
Master

Post by diemai » Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:48 am

G'day , folks ,

Just did another test video this afternoon displaying my latest lures , .........all turned out well this time , made my day yay !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2Z51gKCig8

Still about 8 weeks more to go until local closing time would be thru -duh !

greetz , diemai howdy

SolarFall
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post by SolarFall » Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:13 am

cool looking lures dieter, i've also kinda moved to crankbaits that have that v shaped cross section too, it seems that they are really easy to make swim very reliably all the time. you seem to always make those golden oldies copies too, witch one of those would you say is your favorite one if you could choose one?
-Mikko
my awesome youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/SolarBaits

diemai
Master
Master

Post by diemai » Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:43 am

SolarFall wrote:cool looking lures dieter, i've also kinda moved to crankbaits that have that v shaped cross section too, it seems that they are really easy to make swim very reliably all the time. you seem to always make those golden oldies copies too, witch one of those would you say is your favorite one if you could choose one?
-Mikko

Thanks , Mikko bowsmilie , ........but if I had to choose only one , I'd take the "Lucky13" chugger knock-off shown in another recent video of mine , a real pike killer May through early October , ......never caught real big ones on these but plenty of fun working them along the surface and up to 50cms below and seeing pike frequently jump after these plugs .

Of course I have three , four more oldies on my fav list , but you only gave me ONE choice lol !

greetz , Dieter howdy

SolarFall
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post by SolarFall » Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:25 am

diemai wrote:
SolarFall wrote:cool looking lures dieter, i've also kinda moved to crankbaits that have that v shaped cross section too, it seems that they are really easy to make swim very reliably all the time. you seem to always make those golden oldies copies too, witch one of those would you say is your favorite one if you could choose one?
-Mikko

Thanks , Mikko bowsmilie , ........but if I had to choose only one , I'd take the "Lucky13" chugger knock-off shown in another recent video of mine , a real pike killer May through early October , ......never caught real big ones on these but plenty of fun working them along the surface and up to 50cms below and seeing pike frequently jump after these plugs .

Of course I have three , four more oldies on my fav list , but you only gave me ONE choice lol !

greetz , Dieter howdy
im interested to know what those other once might be too so do share ;) . i've always liked the lucky 13 too and those banana type lures my self.
my awesome youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/SolarBaits

diemai
Master
Master

Post by diemai » Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:17 pm

@ SolarFall

My further favourites of vintage style lures are the "Whirlygig"(must have already seen it on my Youtube Channel) , the old "Bass Oreno" , ...the" Zara Spook" and the "Rush Tango" , .........as far as for old style lipped lures these are variations of the "Creek Chub Pikie" and "River Runt" .

greetz , Dieter howdy

Return to “LURE MAKING LURE DESIGN LURES YOU HAVE MADE”