Hours of carving

diemai
Master
Master

Re: Hours of carving

Post by diemai » Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:21 pm

@ FLASH

.................interesting , ......if you could ever find it back , would you post a picture , mate droolsmilie ?

By now I've also made another smaller one , but with a straight body turned on a lathe , .....a lot easier than carving this way , but also provides just a tight wiggle , .....gonna post it in a few weeks after painting .

Cheers , Dieter howdy
Hurts so bad living in a loony bin !

MXB
Master
Master

Post by MXB » Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:10 am

@diemai . . .

That diving mutant dragonfly larvae in that orange/black colour would get smashed over here.

More great original patterns clapclap clapclap

MXB

howdy
IF YOU ARE FEELING DOWN JUST PULL OUT YOUR FAVOURITE LURE AND DREAM OF BETTER TIMES

diemai
Master
Master

Post by diemai » Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:46 pm

MXB wrote:@diemai . . .

That diving mutant dragonfly larvae in that orange/black colour would get smashed over here.

More great original patterns clapclap clapclap

MXB

howdy

By which species , Roger , ....it's not that small , ........guess , barra would take it ??? ?

thanks , ....Dieter howdy

diemai
Master
Master

Post by diemai » Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:44 am

G'day , people ,

.............just got done with another bunch of homemadies , ........sadly some don't swim 100% perfect , but I'm in good hope to still be able to improve their performance once I'd have the chance to tune them in the outdoors .
DSCI0002-1.JPG
DSCI0005-1.JPG
DSCI0007-1.JPG
DSCI0008-1.JPG
DSCI0010-1.JPG
DSCI0013-1.JPG
Watch them swim in here :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIubY_CimQY

Thanks for your interest , .....cheers , diemai howdy
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tyenna Dave
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Tyenna Dave » Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:30 pm

Some great looking lure profiles ,bib arrangements and paint Dieter clapclap
The shad minnow in the last pic is my new favourite profile ,will have to try one similar for the trout in Tas thumbsupsmilie
Thanx for sharing , droolsmilie
Dave ...

diemai
Master
Master

Post by diemai » Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:58 pm

@ Tyenna Dave

..............Thanks , Dave bowsmilie , ......hahaha , you're not the only one falling in love with that body shape , ....an American mate on YouTube asked me for the sizing , .......it's L x W x H = 67mm x 13mm x 27mm , measured at thickest portion of body and without the attachement eyes , .......just glued in some 1.0mm lead sheet into the belly slot together with the internal wire form ......fore and aft the belly hook hanger , the rear third of body length and the part ahead of the bib remains unweighted .

Due to the "V"-shaped cross section no more ballast required to cause the lure to float up perfectly upright .

good luck making your own versions thumbsupsmilie , ........cheers , Dieter howdy

Tincan
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Tincan » Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:22 am

Nicely done there diemai Like the lot. clapclap
You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.

diemai
Master
Master

Post by diemai » Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:32 am

Tincan wrote:Nicely done there diemai Like the lot. clapclap

Thanks , mate bowsmilie , ....already busy painting the next batch , ....some more of this style in "Nemo" pattern amongst them , but equipped with Lexan bibs this time , ....I'm in good expectation , that these would perform a little better compared to these aluminium-bibbed ones ?

greetz , Dieter howdy

diemai
Master
Master

Post by diemai » Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:47 am

G'day , folks ,

.................got some more PVC lures done yesterday , ......still waiting for the three epoxy topcoats to cure a few days more , before I do the first swim test in the tub .
DSCI0001-1.JPG
DSCI0003-1.JPG
DSCI0005-1.JPG
DSCI0008-1.JPG
DSCI0010-1.JPG
DSCI0013-1.JPG
DSCI0015-1.JPG

Cheers , diemai howdy
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

MXB
Master
Master

Post by MXB » Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:17 am

More awesome lures there Dieter and as usual very interesting designs and techniques in colouring/painting them.

I too like the 'mottled' paint jobs too - I think it always reminds me of the early Rush Tango mottled finishes they used to put on their lures all those years ago (nearing 100 years this decade!!). But as usual you put your own slant on things.

The lathe turned lures look great and those props you make are a very detailed design and can see why they take so long to make.

The 'grubs' are coming out nice - that whitish one with the saddle bib looks like an Australia wattle grub or Bardi grub. howdy

Love your posts bowsmilie

MXB

howdy
IF YOU ARE FEELING DOWN JUST PULL OUT YOUR FAVOURITE LURE AND DREAM OF BETTER TIMES

Return to “LURE MAKING LURE DESIGN LURES YOU HAVE MADE”