Hours of carving

Vodkaman
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Hours of carving

Post by Vodkaman » Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:49 pm

Working extra hard is a good ploy, you always find that someone will have a whinge.

Did you notice on my lip video, No10 was a similar shape to yours. I had seen the shape used around this forum and decided to see it for myself. As you stated, definately a tighter action, but did you see how it danced around in the underwater view. Definately be circling back to this one for further investigation. True, I used the lip shape out of context, as it is meant as a deep diving lip and not as I presented it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zdkUBw03Dw

Dave

diemai
Master
Master

Post by diemai » Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:13 pm

@ Vodkaman

A very impressive video of yours , thanks a lot for sharing , ..........indeed that triangular bib provides a tighter wiggle , clear to be seen in your takes .

I guess , this is because there are planes "missing"(compared to a round or square bib) at the tip of the bib left and right of the center line .

Thus the oncoming water pressure does not have that much plane to engage to push the lure FURTHER sideward , ......so the wiggle remains quite a bit tighter .

I first came to read about triangular bibs in the book "Crankbait Secrets" by Joe Bucher , .........Joe wrote there , that these are of advantage fishing cover or within obstacles , .........it's kinda obvious to me , .........that pointed bib would often not "dig" into an obstacle but just let the lure slide along sideways .

cheers , Dieter howdy
Hurts so bad living in a loony bin !

SNAFU
Rookie
Rookie
Mood:

Post by SNAFU » Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:45 am

Vodkaman...great video mate,especially the underwater footage...i really like the coffin bib on how it swims..i think the lake maq bream would love em thumbsupsmilie

SNAF!!!

Tincan
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Tincan » Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:17 am

Well done Diemai and Vodkaman, great effort and presentation.

Tincan
You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.

diemai
Master
Master

Post by diemai » Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:10 pm

G'day , people ,

Amongst some other , smaller lures I finally got done with these two mutant insects !

Here is a line-up of my latest lures :
DSCI0004-1.JPG
DSCI0005-1.JPG
DSCI0008-1.JPG
DSCI0012-1.JPG
DSCI0014-1.JPG
DSCI0016-1.JPG
............you're wondering about the "clueless pattern" or wish to have more info on my latest bunch of lures ?

Please check this out :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeAfry5QH1g

Greetz , diemai howdy
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

SolarFall
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post by SolarFall » Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:08 am

those larvas are really funny looking, in a good way of course. would be really interesting to make something like that sometime im sure those type of lures would be something that pikes have never seen here, heck i bet you could get a zander with them too.
my awesome youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/SolarBaits

diemai
Master
Master

Post by diemai » Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:09 am

SolarFall wrote:those larvas are really funny looking, in a good way of course. would be really interesting to make something like that sometime im sure those type of lures would be something that pikes have never seen here, heck i bet you could get a zander with them too.
Thanks , ....but I'd have to wait until May 1st to find out , as local predators closing time commences January 1st !

greetz , Dieter howdy

SNAFU
Rookie
Rookie
Mood:

Post by SNAFU » Sun Jan 01, 2012 5:17 am

Nice work there dieter,they would work well on our bream and bass over here mate thumbsupsmilie

SNAF!!!

diemai
Master
Master

Post by diemai » Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:03 pm

SNAFU wrote:Nice work there dieter,they would work well on our bream and bass over here mate thumbsupsmilie

SNAF!!!

I'm sure they would , .......I was deeply inspired by Aussie style lures here on LAM thumbsupsmilie , .......maybe not with this particular bunch too much , but I'm presently working on some more , ......gonna put them up for display in a few weeks , I guess !

Happy New Year , ....greetz , Dieter howdy

FLASH
Rookie
Rookie
Mood:

Post by FLASH » Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:43 pm

Very interesting lures those grubbs .you have inspired me once again. 8 or 9 years ago i hand carved a wattyl grub from a wattyl limb and made a lure with it . Happy with the results a made a mould from that lure and still have it . Not as large as your lures there diemai but more like the appropriate size of the real grub . I really forgot about that lure until now and in fact i cant even remember where the lure is . My grub was desighned to slowly twist and turn in the water on a slow retrieve at night . Did not really give it a good run but maybe i will in the future .
Cheers FLASH
Fishing the tasmanian streams is more a passion then a sport , My wife thinks its an affair.

Return to “LURE MAKING LURE DESIGN LURES YOU HAVE MADE”