son and me

diemai
Master
Master

Re: son and me

Post by diemai » Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:29 pm

@ FLASH
Great to hear that your new homemadies do have an appeal on fish , ...congrats thumbsupsmilie !

But won't you consider about using thicker wire in future(provided blanks are sufficiently buoyant) , .........to me it would really suck having to re-tune my lures constantly .

greetz , Dieter howdy
Hurts so bad living in a loony bin !

FLASH
Rookie
Rookie
Mood:

Post by FLASH » Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:37 pm

Thanks dieter. Yes the thicker wire is an option .All of my coloured versions have .9 mm stainless, however I am trying to achieve a very clean and neat finish on my nudies hense the fine wire . These lures are for trout so a bit of finess comes into play aswell .
Cheers FLASH
Fishing the tasmanian streams is more a passion then a sport , My wife thinks its an affair.

diemai
Master
Master

Post by diemai » Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:58 pm

FLASH wrote:Thanks dieter. Yes the thicker wire is an option .All of my coloured versions have .9 mm stainless, however I am trying to achieve a very clean and neat finish on my nudies hense the fine wire . These lures are for trout so a bit of finess comes into play aswell .
Cheers FLASH

Yeah , ...I see , ....guess , one's gotta make compromises .

Years ago I've done a couple of dozens small jigging spoons (pirks) of lead with 0,5mm stainless dental wire , ...thicker one was impossible to use , as the casting mold's cavity was very small and thin on the ends(homemade silicone mold with the indent of a life small minnow) .

One day the missus snagged up sucha lure and on attempt to pull it free the bottom hook wire eye tore open , ........further examination showed , that the wire had become thinner and thinner during countless fishing sessions , .......it was simple abrasion due to constantly having knocked the pirk on rocky , concrete , or mussel-covered bottoms whilst jigging it vertically below the boat .

Such won't happen to a cast-and-retrieve kinda lure , anyway , ........but since I always do examine these jiggers before use , in particular the ones that have been in use for a long time , ......would be an absolute disaster to loose a good fish because of such failure .

greetz , Dieter howdy

FLASH
Rookie
Rookie
Mood:

Post by FLASH » Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:20 pm

OK OK , you seen one you seen em all i know . Just got this mob finished for our local club comp this weekend . Got a couple a supprises that im not bringing out just yet too . Hope you enjoy and get some made yourselves.
FLASH
IMGP3180.JPG
IMGP3185.JPG
IMGP3188.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Fishing the tasmanian streams is more a passion then a sport , My wife thinks its an affair.

Tincan
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Tincan » Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:20 pm

Nicely done flash you certainly have come a long way, paint work is magic, well done.

Tincan
You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.

FLASH
Rookie
Rookie
Mood:

Post by FLASH » Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:25 pm

Thanks tincan . All with a spray pack too. Hope one day soon ill try a air brush . Just the cost of changing over to that type of paint might pull me up .
FLASH

Tincan
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Tincan » Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:03 pm

Flash I use rattle cans and decant them into the airbrush. Just knock the spray nozzle out (rattle can cap) and replace with a piece of brass tubing, works a treat for me.
Tincan
You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.

diemai
Master
Master

Post by diemai » Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:40 am

Tincan wrote:Flash I use rattle cans and decant them into the airbrush. Just knock the spray nozzle out (rattle can cap) and replace with a piece of brass tubing, works a treat for me.
Tincan

I'd be careful doing this lol !

@ FLASH

......very neat paint jobs , mate , ....absolutely clean work thumbsupsmilie thumbsupsmilie , ......eager to see what you would create once you'd probably decide for airbrush gear(cost put me off so far either) .

BUT I WANT THE SURPRISES ,....... NOW lol lol !

Cheers , Dieter howdy

Tincan
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Tincan » Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:13 pm

Hmmm thanks diemai, maybe people would interpret my last post in a different way, better to add a picture for clarity.

Decant paint 400.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

diemai
Master
Master

Post by diemai » Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:55 am

Tincan wrote:Hmmm thanks diemai, maybe people would interpret my last post in a different way, better to add a picture for clarity.

Decant paint 400.jpg

I see , mate , ...this is less dangerous thumbsupsmilie , ...thought that you were suggesting to manipulate on the vertical center tube piece on which the plastic spray know is stuck , ...........this might lead to newly dyed clothes are a little weird tan on the face lol lol !

Cheers , Dieter howdy

Return to “LURE MAKING LURE DESIGN LURES YOU HAVE MADE”