son and me

FLASH
Rookie
Rookie
Mood:

Re: son and me

Post by FLASH » Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:12 pm

And for the finish problems ive had previuosly ive since resolved with an airbrush and some auto paints . thumbsupsmilie
Have a gander at this lot .
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Fishing the tasmanian streams is more a passion then a sport , My wife thinks its an affair.

FLASH
Rookie
Rookie
Mood:

Post by FLASH » Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:26 pm

I also hit the work bench today armed with some foil and some glue . I gave it a lick of gold paint over to get a metalic effect but i think i may have failed , Maybe . ???
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Fishing the tasmanian streams is more a passion then a sport , My wife thinks its an affair.

diemai
Master
Master

Post by diemai » Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:07 am

@ FLASH

A pity that the crayfish does not swim well , ....the big nippers are to blame , I guess .

Great job on carving and painting , nevertheless , ........I like the looks of the dotted one best thumbsupsmilie !

welldone lures , ...cheers , Dieter howdy
Hurts so bad living in a loony bin !

FLASH
Rookie
Rookie
Mood:

Post by FLASH » Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:00 am

we think we have the shape all sorted but any manor of color is out there .Is this right or not ?

diemai
Master
Master

Post by diemai » Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:23 am

FLASH wrote:we think we have the shape all sorted but any manor of color is out there .Is this right or not ?
Looks kind of a sickler minnow , suffering from a serious fungal infection , ..... easy prey , .....they will definately eat it !

Cheers , Dieter howdy

FLASH
Rookie
Rookie
Mood:

Post by FLASH » Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:44 am

A fellow tasmanian and friend likened it to RINGWORM . So there you have it . It was either ringworm or something a bit more uninviting. lol
FLASH

Mully
Master
Master
Mood:

Post by Mully » Sat Aug 10, 2013 2:14 am

hahahaha ringworm or maybe regurgitated sounds good to me lol lol

FLASH
Rookie
Rookie
Mood:

Post by FLASH » Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:03 am

So after rigorous testing on my foiled lures i think i stuffed up . For some reason the paint pealed of the foil and left me with some crappy looking foils . Red faced and back to the drawing board i spose . But on a good note ive managed to kick out a couple of good colours for the upcoming pedder homebake lure comp . Then after ill hit the west coast of Tassie for some of those elusive thumpin searunners . Ill post some pics of the lures tomorow .
FLASH

diemai
Master
Master

Post by diemai » Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:05 am

@ FLASH

When did the peeling occur , ...after having had fish on or just at water contact ?

Did you prime the foil's surface somehow prior to applying the color paints ?

greetz , Dieter howdy

FLASH
Rookie
Rookie
Mood:

Post by FLASH » Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:52 pm

I just diped the foiled lure in my auto clear then gave it a rub when it drie and the painted it . It appears the auto clear did not adhear to the foil . -duh . Maybe if i had used a devcon or something it may have been better . ???
oh well . Its only time
yay .FLASH

Return to “LURE MAKING LURE DESIGN LURES YOU HAVE MADE”