son and me

FLASH
Rookie
Rookie
Mood:

Re: son and me

Post by FLASH » Thu May 31, 2012 9:50 pm

IMGP3399.JPG
just had a test swim in the bath again with all the hardware on and still swims a treat .
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Fishing the tasmanian streams is more a passion then a sport , My wife thinks its an affair.

finnsurance
Rookie
Rookie
Mood:

Post by finnsurance » Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:12 am

Thanks for telling me about your post Flash. thumbsupsmilie

After I watched the footy (go tiges) I loged back on and read it all and I hope to pick up the lure making as well as you have in such a short time
very impresive lures mate bowsmilie

I see why you like the king billy - the carved ones are good enough to sell clapclap

I will look forward to seing you and your boys lures in future posts.

Cheers Rick
If I'm not fishing I'm thinking about It

SNAFU
Rookie
Rookie
Mood:

Post by SNAFU » Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:13 am

Top job on your cray there flash,excellent stuff mate... thumbsupsmilie

SNAF!!!

diemai
Master
Master

Post by diemai » Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:27 am

SNAFU wrote:Top job on your cray there flash,excellent stuff mate... thumbsupsmilie

SNAF!!!

...............I can only second to this thumbsupsmilie , .......still I wonder , how these do swim , ......never got into making my own -duh !

Welldone , mate , ...cheers , Dieter howdy
Hurts so bad living in a loony bin !

FLASH
Rookie
Rookie
Mood:

Post by FLASH » Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:37 am

Thanks guys . dieter i find this particular lure swims like most lures with a nice shimmy and no body roll but due to its shape a not much ballast it wont roll over to the upright position if it lands upside down . Trawling only lure this one . Im in the process of making a huon pine one that i hope will sit right way up . Fingers crossed
FLASH
Fishing the tasmanian streams is more a passion then a sport , My wife thinks its an affair.

diemai
Master
Master

Post by diemai » Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:02 am

FLASH wrote:Thanks guys . dieter i find this particular lure swims like most lures with a nice shimmy and no body roll but due to its shape a not much ballast it wont roll over to the upright position if it lands upside down . Trawling only lure this one . Im in the process of making a huon pine one that i hope will sit right way up . Fingers crossed
FLASH

Good luck with that one , FLASH , .......only crayfish I ever did a few years ago(turned down a segmented body on my lathe and attached moveable timber nippers with small interconnected eyescrews) was a proper reject , ....it simply would not swim , ........I reckon this failure scared me off up until today to make another attempt , .....but one day will be the day lol !

Cheers , Dieter howdy

FLASH
Rookie
Rookie
Mood:

Post by FLASH » Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:55 pm

Well ive got the lattest yabbie swimming just fine i just need to paint it now . Ive got a few new lures that ive sorted out and ive got the air brush going . Making the finish on my lures a lot better . Happy as heck . But im divided on wheather to glue the bib in before or last {after painting ] Advice and how you guys do it is welcome . Ill post some pics soon . but wish to sort out this bib issue first .
FLASH

diemai
Master
Master

Post by diemai » Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:03 am

FLASH wrote:Well ive got the lattest yabbie swimming just fine i just need to paint it now . Ive got a few new lures that ive sorted out and ive got the air brush going . Making the finish on my lures a lot better . Happy as heck . But im divided on wheather to glue the bib in before or last {after painting ] Advice and how you guys do it is welcome . Ill post some pics soon . but wish to sort out this bib issue first .
FLASH

Glueing in the bib after painting means that no masking of the bib would be neccessary , so a little less working effort , ......at least , if things do work out fine -duh lol .

Issues may occur , when thicker paint or paint dripping flows into the bib slot and as a result the bib won't fit in anymore without having to re-work the slot .

Same thing counts for the final topcoat as well , ......overflow of this even more tough stuff would even be harder to remove out of a pre-cut bib slot .

I've seen a Finnish video , where a lurebuilder even CUT the bib slot AFTER painting , but prior to topcoating , ........I never went through such venture , as I'm pretty much certain to damage the paint job around the bib slot's position this way -duh .

Also have to consider , whether your bib would be pinned somehow and whether you would mind the pins(or even small woodscrews)showing on the finished lure ?

I usually glue in my bibs prior to painting and topcoating , I really don't bother about the added working effort , since I enyoy working on lures(also this seals the bib slot off more reliably , I believe) , .......but everyone has to decide for himself .

Also I drill holes and furnish some grooves or little indents with a Dremel router bit into the base of the bib(the part of it sitting inside of the lurebody) , this certainly provides a more reliable glue bond .

Anyway , if you want to glue in your bibs after painting , you should at least do the final topcoats with the bib already assembled , so you can be sure to seal off the bib slot properly , .........but as said before , there are advantages and disadvantages in both methods .

good luck , mate thumbsupsmilie , ........cheers , Dieter howdy

FLASH
Rookie
Rookie
Mood:

Post by FLASH » Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:30 am

Thanks mate . The last lot was cleared before the bibs went in this morning . Tricky not to damage the slot as you said . The next lot i intend on painting then glueing then the final clear . I hope this will satisfy me . Every lure i do i learn a little more each time .
Cheers FLASH .

FLASH
Rookie
Rookie
Mood:

Post by FLASH » Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:07 pm

Well its been to long since i posted here so i thought i owed you blokes and answer . The truth is ive rekindled on old love . I sold my old dirtbike and bought a newer one and am still in the honeymoon stage . So from me to you im sorry . But the good news is the pedder home bake is on again this year and ive decided to finish a few lures and rip into a few new ones . The first cab of the ranks is the last yabbie i was building . Dosnt swim as nice as i would like but its still looking good nonetheless.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “LURE MAKING LURE DESIGN LURES YOU HAVE MADE”