son and me

FLASH
Rookie
Rookie
Mood:

Re: son and me

Post by FLASH » Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:54 pm

Tooling around today and decided to make a double rattle in a 60 mm myrtle shalow diver . The myrtle has a tendancy to sink with too much hardware on the smaller lures so im hopeing the air pockets give it some lift. Fingers crossed the bb dont counter act on this idea.
FLASH
Fishing the tasmanian streams is more a passion then a sport , My wife thinks its an affair.

FLASH
Rookie
Rookie
Mood:

Post by FLASH » Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:08 pm

a pic is in order i supose.
IMGP3222.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Fishing the tasmanian streams is more a passion then a sport , My wife thinks its an affair.

diemai
Master
Master

Post by diemai » Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:12 pm

@ FASH

I'm concerned , that they ARE going to be counterproductive , ...hopefully I'm wrong , awaiting your first test !

good luck , mate , ....greetz , Dieter howdy
Hurts so bad living in a loony bin !

FLASH
Rookie
Rookie
Mood:

Post by FLASH » Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:43 pm

Was looking through a lure box of my sons today and found this rattle lure . MMMMMMMM no wounder i couldn't find it to test run it . So i stole it back and finished the paint job on it and will test it this weekend . By the way dieter the air in the rattles counter balance the weight of the ball bearings nicely and in the test tank you can hear the tic tic tic of the rattle as it swims . Hope it doesn't scare the trout . Will let you know soon i suppose .
FLASH

FLASH
Rookie
Rookie
Mood:

Post by FLASH » Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:57 pm

IMGP3304.JPG
the lure as now
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

diemai
Master
Master

Post by diemai » Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:37 pm

@ FLASH

.............. glad to hear that my concerns obviously were without cause , ........good luck testing this one !

PS : ......at least now you know where to find your missing lures lol !

greetz , Dieter howdy

FLASH
Rookie
Rookie
Mood:

Post by FLASH » Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:19 pm

Another look at this lure in the tank and found you are right Deiter , The lure does indeed sink only a little slower as if the lure was without the rattles . A sinking lure is not a bad thing . will target large trout in the river pools at the base of rapids with this little thing .
FLASH

diemai
Master
Master

Post by diemai » Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:51 pm

FLASH wrote:Another look at this lure in the tank and found you are right Deiter , The lure does indeed sink only a little slower as if the lure was without the rattles . A sinking lure is not a bad thing . will target large trout in the river pools at the base of rapids with this little thing .
FLASH

............I'm sure it will get bit , mate , ....hopefully 8 pounders + thumbsupsmilie !

tight lines , Dieter howdy

FLASH
Rookie
Rookie
Mood:

Post by FLASH » Thu May 31, 2012 9:24 pm

IMGP3387.JPG
IMGP3382.JPG
Hi guys . been busy lately with a boat refurbishment and not many lures made . But i have managed to make this little beauty for one keen collector . i like it so much ill have to knock another up . problem is it took a while to hand carve and the fingers cop a hiding .

FLASH
Rookie
Rookie
Mood:

Post by FLASH » Thu May 31, 2012 9:29 pm

made from recycled king billy and is about 65 mm long in the body , 75mm long with bib and 110mm from the tip of the bib to the tip of the tentacles. swims fine in the bath with a not to wide shake and no body roll .
Hope you like .
FLASH

Return to “LURE MAKING LURE DESIGN LURES YOU HAVE MADE”