son and me

FLASH
Rookie
Rookie
Mood:

son and me

Post by FLASH » Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:14 pm

My son and i have had our first attempt of this lure making caper, we both enjoy it emensly but have a long way to go . Please feel free to laugh or coment we will not be offended at all.
Cheers FLASH
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Fishing the tasmanian streams is more a passion then a sport , My wife thinks its an affair.

Tincan
Rookie
Rookie

Re: son and me

Post by Tincan » Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:14 pm

Flash everyone has a beginning point, lots of info and help on the site if you need it. The addication now starts.
How did the lures in the top picture swim?
You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.

FLASH
Rookie
Rookie
Mood:

Post by FLASH » Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:22 pm

They all swim real good with a tight shimmy to them . the unfinished timber job is of the same standard as the others . Ive picked up a few tips already from you champs and have a few huon pine minnows on the run .Will take o few pics soon . I dont have a problem shaping them and getting them swimming .but the paint is letting me down at the moment. The addiction has started . I can feel it running through my veins.
Cheers FLASH
Fishing the tasmanian streams is more a passion then a sport , My wife thinks its an affair.

Rupe
Master
Master

Post by Rupe » Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:51 pm

thumbsupsmilie thumbsupsmilie thumbsupsmilie clapclap clapclap clapclap

keep going! nothing better than landing fish on lures you've made from start to finish!

and practice makes perfect!!!
Rupe.

Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught...

MXB
Master
Master

Post by MXB » Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:20 am

@FLASH . . .

Good to see your creations and I'm sure those Pedder fish would smash them up or those magnificent streams you fish thumbsupsmilie

Nice to talk to you again and we'll catch up next time for a fish and throw some home mades at 'em!

MXB

howdy
IF YOU ARE FEELING DOWN JUST PULL OUT YOUR FAVOURITE LURE AND DREAM OF BETTER TIMES

Poolie
tradie
tradie

Post by Poolie » Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:49 am

I really like the Frog and Bitza their profile is very unique and the dark green/light green colour scheme is a winner, I definatley wouldn't laugh considering they're at least 100 times better than my first attempt.
CARVE IT UP!

FLASH
Rookie
Rookie
Mood:

Post by FLASH » Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:15 pm

Thanks for your kind words gents . Roger will for shore catch you on your next trip down our way ,look forward to it .OK now i have a few pics for you guys. The first one is of my group of first attemps finished , the small on is made by my 11 year old son thumbsupsmilie .
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

FLASH
Rookie
Rookie
Mood:

Post by FLASH » Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:28 pm

Now i have here some huon projects of different styles ive been honing my skills on not quite finished but you guys will get the picture .

FLASH
Rookie
Rookie
Mood:

Post by FLASH » Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:35 pm

Have swim tested these and am impressed with the actions . now to get the paint right and ill be happy . will post these when they are done .Thanks guys

Tyenna Dave
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Tyenna Dave » Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:48 pm

Ahh the cats out of the bag !
BUSTED ! smckin
Nice lures and the young fella has done a great job .
The Huon models are looking pretty good ,especialy those profiles clapclap
I think Flash forgot to also mention that we are having a lure off at Pedder soon ,both only using our own creations . cww
The challenge was thrown down a week or so ago on a very windy and cold (4 degrees) Pedder trip .One condition was that a Spotted Dog must be one pattern and a max of 3 lures were to be used .
Now i see what i am up against as we have not seen each other since the challenge began .
Nice work Flash but i'm on your tail !
Only drama i'm having is with my paint aswell .
I tend not to let the paint dry long enough before clear coating, thus a couple have ended up running a little crazysmilie .
Still they swim well so its on DEER HUNTER !
That Venicen was tasy too by the way ,CHEERS !

The weapons for the lure off of the century nahnah
The Yabby should sort you out at Pedder but if it ends up being Meadowbank i have created the red Salmon Buster that will put you back in the box lol
ITS ON !!! (yes i'm yelling ) thumbsupsmilie
Dave ...

Return to “LURE MAKING LURE DESIGN LURES YOU HAVE MADE”