Re: Shane Loves lures

Love Lures
AIMFORPAIN
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post by AIMFORPAIN » Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:52 pm

SANY2077.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

AIMFORPAIN
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post by AIMFORPAIN » Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:10 pm

People think it wrong for me to do an old fav, & look at my work saying that's not as well done as he has done, but it makes me think what if that maker was to have a crack at my designs, JUST A THOUGHT, JUST REMEMBER I HAVE ONLY BEEN DOING THIS A SHORT TIME.
SANY1649.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rellik-doc-rob
Guru
Guru

Post by Rellik-doc-rob » Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:44 am

AIMFORPAIN wrote:People think it wrong for me to do an old fav, & look at my work saying that's not as well done as he has done, but it makes me think what if that maker was to have a crack at my designs, JUST A THOUGHT, JUST REMEMBER I HAVE ONLY BEEN DOING THIS A SHORT TIME.
SANY1649.JPG
Good craftmanship should be recognised regardless of weather it is a copy or replica..... some of your work is better than the originals.. clapclap clapclap .

However , having the luxury of all that spare time is a bonus some other makers dont have. That is in NO way detracting from your obvious talent.

RDR
Rellik-Doc-Rob...

The Harder I work, the luckier I get...

AIMFORPAIN
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post by AIMFORPAIN » Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:26 am

All Im saying is that people are so quick to burn one bloke & pat anther on the back when they do their thing, I mean you don't see me putting up crap on other lure makers posts saying do they swim with little sly laugh captions, or picking on the way a lure is made, regardless of what time is on my hands I don't pick on other designs I don't think Im better than other lure makers. Looking at all the looks these posts have had & only three or four blokes comment tells me that Im not like as a person because any other lure maker would have a sore back from pats on the back if they were making them. But Ill keep putting them up as I can see one bloke that keen to see something different.

Rellik-doc-rob
Guru
Guru

Post by Rellik-doc-rob » Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:46 pm

Fact is that you do make some great looking lures , as I said earlier , copies or not , you have got talent . Perhaps your talent makes less gifted makers envious , it does happen , as you would be aware.

As you admit , you have plenty of time up your sleeve , but it is a matter of course that other makers may have similar spare time. The fact that your lures may be better is where individual talent comes into it.

The slaps on the back you mentioned........ handed out very cheaply in a lot of cases by a group of backyarders , leg-humping each other to death , mean little to me and most of the avid collectors and users of fishing lures.

I will go on and explain my thoughts about the back-slapping and spare time issue. These are not just my thoughts , they are shared by many other visitors to these lure forums , but they do not want to offend anybody. I dont care about offending anyone , as the only people who will be offended are those who fall into the catagory of being GUILTY !!

My Thoughts......

I am like many other self employed small business people who get off their butt and work , then pay taxes. The same as the small tackle shop owner working 7 days a week to eke out a living , the bricklayer busting his back 40-50 hours a week and can not stand upright when he gets home , the truck driver spending 4 nights a week away from his wife and children , even the doctor on call 24 hours a day. We all work our different jobs , thus pay taxes and are not a burdon on society.

Some of the backyard lure producers are genuinely injure , incapacitated or have reached the age of retirement. I am not having a go at them , and would not trade places with them ( although it wont be long till I reach retirement age myself).

There are also many backyard lure makers out there producing 3 , 5 , 10 or even 20 lures a week , and as you say .... slaping each others back so hard as to remove a blockage from their windpipe. They have plenty of spare time , the reason for all this spare time is because they work the system to gain government handouts. Being able to produce beautiful lures because of NO time constraints , and drawing a centre-link payment does not deserve any praise. Regardless of the quality of the product , it is a disgrace and a slap in the face of all of us working people that support them. Our taxes become their ticket to a life of leisure.

As I have said earlier...... I think the only ones offended by my post will be those guilty of what I have said. To those offended.... salutee salutee salutee

RDR
Rellik-Doc-Rob...

The Harder I work, the luckier I get...

AIMFORPAIN
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post by AIMFORPAIN » Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:53 pm

This story sounds a bit like a bloke I got told about a couple of months ago while WORKING in my brother in laws metal fab business, a good fisherman came in telling us about a con job who made a lot of lures back in the day then time passed & he seen his prized lures grow in value, so what this bloke did was go around to all the people he knew had a good stash of these lures & give them cheap crap lures in return for those more valuable timber lures. This bloke we were talking to said he had been told by this fraud that he would get him lures for them & never came back with them. To me that sort of scum bag is a thief, but this something I spouse that he has to live with . MAN I REACON HE WOULDNT BE TELLING TO MANY PEOPLE HE KNOWS ABOUT HIS CRAFTY WAYS!!!!!!! BUT ANYWAY IVE GOT TO GO BACK DOWN TO THE SHED & WAST PEOPLES TAXES HA HA HA PS HE DID TELL ME THE BLOKES NAME BUT I WONT PUT IT UP CAUSE I MAY AFFEND THIS LOW LIFE. CHEERS ROB.

AIMFORPAIN
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post by AIMFORPAIN » Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:43 pm

SANY0061.JPG

Mully
Master
Master
Mood:

Post by Mully » Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:06 pm

Shane i will admit i do love your lures keep them coming let the others with no talent bugga off ,,im on a pension disability pension and on a hand out that barely keeps food for my 4 kids so anyone wanting to thow a stone bring it on because im up for a good fight zippedsmilie Shane your lures are gold keep them coming and grow broad shoulders because those jealous pricks well they can go whislte dixie
Respect to you my friend ,,and bugga the jealous

Mully
Master
Master
Mood:

Post by Mully » Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:15 pm

let me also say i dont thing Rob is having a go at you depends how you read it mate and ocd was just kidding about do they swim mate because he knows i reckon that Vince would never swim them,,,Albert never speaks down a bloke just jokes about i know the bloke well and would put money on it that it was a joke read wrongly mate.If im wrong please guys speak up as posts can be interpreted all sorts of ways but im putting money on the fact both posts were not aimed at you Shane and remember to read my previous post ...... thumbsupsmilie

vince.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by vince. » Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:38 am

Mully wrote:ocd was just kidding about do they swim mate because he knows i reckon that Vince would never swim them,,,Albert never speaks down a bloke just jokes about i know the bloke well and would put money on it that it was a joke read wrongly mate
Mully, you could not more correct about Albert. clapclap clapclap

Idiot that he may be, he is one of the only true gentlemen I have ever met. If his gentle good humour is mistaken for a subtle attack on someone, then this mistake comes out of ignorance.

I`m not here to defend Rob or myself, as we are well known as mongrels & really couldn`t care less. But to think Albert`s life doesn`t revolve around the consideration of other people & their problems, is not to know him.
Regards.....Vince.

Return to “Shane Love Lures”