Larrikin Lures

Graham Reid lures
Jigmaster
Guru
Guru

Larrikin Lures

Post by Jigmaster » Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:30 pm

Got a phone call from the son of Graham Reid the maker of Larrikin Lures to say that Graham had lost his fight with Cancer on January 2.

You can see a number of his lures in my Lure Encyclopaedia - they are very high quality and very under-recognised.

I felt honoured that the family rang me to tell me the sad news.

RIP mate.

Frank

Fizza

Re: Larrikin Lures

Post by Fizza » Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:52 pm

Have to agree on all counts Frank.

My best wishes to the family & friends of Graham's.

Jigmaster
Guru
Guru

Post by Jigmaster » Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:03 pm

So who has some Larrikin Lures? They also included some high speed trolling heads?

I haven't seen them sold but I know there was a moderate production. They are well pictured in my book, although they look a little bit like Illusion lures although with a heavier front section.

oldfish
Expert
Expert

Post by oldfish » Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:44 am

Frank,

Haven't found a Larrikin yet.Was this the man who made a Kingfisher lure (Hoppers Crossing,Vic)

before he was told to stop using that name so changed to Larrikin?

Cheers,Jim

action
Rookie
Rookie

Post by action » Mon Jun 23, 2014 2:39 am

I bought all these lures shapes moulds and other stuff with a mate who I have been showing how I go about making my lures ... so in time now we hope to get these sorted out but thinking of changing the balsa to other harder timbers along with a few other things ... keep the shapes the same ... a change of paint on some ... in time at the moment as they have been sitting now for awhile ... cheers aaron ...kuttafurra

Return to “Larrikin Lures”