Blitz Baga Memory Lane !

Murray Sudgen
aussbasstony
Guru
Guru

Blitz Baga Memory Lane !

Post by aussbasstony » Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:25 pm

Hi All
I just wanted to share some awesome lures I just managed to get my hands on direct from the Lure maker himself.
I had the pleasure of a visit from The maker himself Murray Sugden of the ever productive and collectable lure the Blitz Baga’s .
I have known Murray for years from a family fishing tournament we all used to meet at Somerset Dam over 8 years ago. A few father and son teams used to all camp together and have a fat time and believe it or not we used to fish collectable lures back then not just look at them... lol

It’s a very small world this lure addiction as who standing at the Door with Murray was the one and only Brolly himself. ( Thats another story ) thumbsupsmilie

Below is a picture of Murray holding two of his early lures from Approx 20 years ago, The one onthe left is a long slender lure called a “ Bang A Baga “ the slender profile of these used to be fished heaverly for flathead down the Gold Coast and surrounding waterways.

The small profile one on the right is called a “ Bass Baga “ this one is also over 20 years old I think ? The Bass of all the Southeast QLD dams loved these lures I’m sure but the ones I have will not be going any where but on display in my cabinet.
002.JPG
Below is a couple more close up's of the BAng a Baga's
007.JPG
005.JPG
The two below are the first lot of Bass Baga's Murray made and he kept saying that only 185 of these Lures were made, he had a good memory for an old lure maker lol
011.JPG
The under side of the Lure, Notice I didn't let him get out of the house before I put the Nico pen in his hand thumbsupsmilie
008.JPG
Last but not least the tiny little " Bitty Baga " not hard to see what lures he loved in the early days.
013.JPG
014.JPG
And to finish it off a couple of his last current model the ever popular Blitz Baga and Mini Blitz Baga bowsmilie
016.JPG
017.JPG
The Happy Family lol
019.JPG
Hope you enjoy them, I know i sure enjoyed the coffe and chat with Brolly and Murray.

Cheers Tony
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

aussbasstony
Guru
Guru

Re: Blitz Baga Memory Lane !

Post by aussbasstony » Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:45 pm

One more while I'm on memory lane, Blitz Baga , Bass and my eldest son 8 or 9 years ago cutting his teeth on Bass at Somerset Dam thumbsupsmilie
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Lure-Nut
Master
Master

Post by Lure-Nut » Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:46 pm

Mate ... awesome Blitz's and some new models unearthed that I hadn't seen before - reckon I should have given you my box a baga's for a signing as well lol lol thumbsupsmilie
Cheers Rob

fishaholiclures
Master
Master

Post by fishaholiclures » Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:52 pm

Tony,
Murray was obviously a fan of Bagleys Lures, the Banga Baga and Bitty Baga are VERY nice takes on the Bagley Bang O Lure and Bagley B1

Absolutely awesome!!!
I have an original wood Baga in packet and just yesterday received a Smak moulded version.
Looks like I have a few more models to track down crazysmilie

Cheers Brad
I know what I know, the rest is simply details
acta non verba

simon bruce
Master
Master

Post by simon bruce » Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:49 pm

Tony

what a great lot of lures and direct from the maker.

Has certainly shown me alot more models than the Blitz, especially like the older ones great stuff.

Thanks for sharing what must have been a pretty good day lurewise.

Simon

aussbasstony
Guru
Guru

Post by aussbasstony » Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:47 pm

It's been a while since I added to my Blitzy collection so when the invite arose to have a drink and chat over a few drinks and Pizza i jumped at it. yay

The same two people were there as the first encounter i had with Brolly nahnah which lasted long into the early morning hours -duh

it's amazing how much dribble can be talked about over a Beer and Lure crazysmilie

This one is as you can see one Murray made for the Flat head classic but never used. And now it will never be used again. thumbsupsmilie

The picture does not show it but it has a very bright glitter added into the paint work which looks great in real life.

This is a very early proto type of Murrays Blitz Baga before the sharp chiselled sides appeared on his now famous lures. When he was refining them a few were made with the smooth round sides. I did see however the Num-One proto type of this model well hidden and will not be parted with -duh

Last but not least the missing link from the 20 year old Bass Baga, this lure is a step up in size and called the "Jack Baga" sweet lure and glad to have it next to my other old bunch droolsmilie

Cheers Tony

Lure-Nut
Master
Master

Post by Lure-Nut » Fri Dec 31, 2010 7:17 pm

Tony ... awesome update and a couple of top lures there thumbsupsmilie
Cheers Rob

aussbasstony
Guru
Guru

Post by aussbasstony » Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:26 am

Lure-Nut wrote:Tony ... awesome update and a couple of top lures there thumbsupsmilie
Rob, I'm sure there is a few more master pieces out there some where -duh
But it was a great night and even better pick up on some history of lures which were a big part of my impoundment trolling days. thumbsupsmilie

I will have to come round and check out your's as I'm sure it has grown since i last saw it lol

Return to “Baga Lures”