The Late Mal Florence

Mal Florence lures
samurai
Rookie
Rookie

The Late Mal Florence

Post by samurai » Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:21 pm

For those who don't know the name, the Late Mal Florence was the man behind the video series Big Fish Downunder and the original Masta Blasta lures. The lure in the pic is one of his first moulded production Masta Blasta lure, this one was painted for me by Mal around 87/89 I think, it caught me a lot of tuna and macks.

Cheers Samurai
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Life is what happens while your busy making other plans.

Jigmaster
Guru
Guru

Re: The Late Mal Florence

Post by Jigmaster » Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:47 pm

The company brand was Refined Lure Technology.

Curiously, the Bass Masta was the ONE lure that Bill Classon wanted to pinch out of the 1065 from the lures book and it took me quite a while to find the same colour as was used in the book (giving me the complete set of ALL the lures from the book - many put back into its original packaging).

Someone was selling large quantities of Mal Florence lures for a long time on eBay - the run out stock??

They are nice lures and nice to remember one of the true pioneers of recreational fishing in Australia!! thumbsupsmilie thumbsupsmilie

Mully
Master
Master
Mood:

Post by Mully » Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:50 pm

I own all his videos he is a true pioneer as stated great fisherman with techniques starting to be used today funny how old becomes new again... bowsmilie

Baz

Post by Baz » Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:36 pm

Mal was a legend, his video's were great.They don't make 'em like that any more.I seen the Mal Florence lures on e-bay, I thought someone was just using his name and after a quick buck. bowsmilie

fishaholiclures
Master
Master

Post by fishaholiclures » Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:30 pm

Hi Frank,
Refined Lure Technologies used to make the lures, they were making them prior to Mal's passing and must have bought the rights. I was surfing around for info and found a site for RLT but there is a big banner " LURES NO LONGER MADE" on it so they must have been clearing last of stocks via the guy on ebay I reckon.

Brad
I know what I know, the rest is simply details
acta non verba

Fizza

Post by Fizza » Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:27 pm

Jigmaster wrote:The company brand was Refined Lure Technology

Someone was selling large quantities of Mal Florence lures for a long time on eBay - the run out stock
Frank,
His 1st name is Willy, from melbourne around Clayton/Springvale from memory.

He bought all K-mart's old stock and still has quite a few that I'm aware of.

He still sells a small handful on eBay.

simons rat
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post by simons rat » Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:55 pm

Bass Masta Lure.

These were pretty good. Also had a metallic green one (can't find it ... I was using it) Also got a used pink one. Caught bass and flatheads on them.

Cheers,

Steven

Return to “Refined Lure Technology”