Rio Prawns

Rio`s Lures
Mully
Master
Master
Mood:

Re: Rio Prawns

Post by Mully » Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:54 pm

ahhh softies they look very nice the prawn always seems to perform well in the brine [wonder why] nice set you have there mate thumbsupsmilie

OLDMAN
Master
Master

Post by OLDMAN » Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:46 pm

Brad nope Brad nope Brad nope Brad nope
They are not Rio's prawns.

THIS is a Rio's Prawn.

lol lol lol lol lol lol
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

OLDMAN
Master
Master

Post by OLDMAN » Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:47 pm

Dave
Sorry mate.
Oldtimers disease getting dad.
Laurie.

fishaholiclures
Master
Master

Post by fishaholiclures » Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:28 pm

nahnah nahnah nahnah Laurie, oldtimers lol bad case of CRAFT syndrome more likely lol

Hey Dave,
Haven't heard alot of Rio lately, I know he was pretty censored off back when the chinese copies of his prawns appeared, but people soon found that the chinese version broke in 1/2 REAL easy and switched back to RIO'S. He put out a couple of lures with the same resin body in the middle of a clear RUBBER outer, one was a popper and the other a lil fishie shape that had a shallow style bib.

Worked properly, Rio's prawns are deadly on a range of species, including FINNUS MEGASAURUS which just gobble up the MONSTER version laurie has lol

Samurai or Craig might know more about Rio's status, as they live in the same area as him.

Brad
I know what I know, the rest is simply details
acta non verba

OLDMAN
Master
Master

Post by OLDMAN » Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:15 pm

thumbsupsmilie thumbsupsmilie thumbsupsmilie thumbsupsmilie thumbsupsmilie thumbsupsmilie thumbsupsmilie
nahnah nahnah nahnah nahnah nahnah nahnah nahnah

Craig
Master
Master

Post by Craig » Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:10 pm

I was lucky enough to be fishing beside him one day in Noosa's lake Weyba, about, maybe ten years ago. He was trying the single hook version for the first time, it is meant to be a fly not a lure. He caught 8 flathead, I don't recall what I caught but it wasn't that good. He seemed nice enough but I've never seen him since. I use the 60mm version alot for Bass, I cast them just short of weed beds, let them sink and pull them out in short spurts.
Tagged and Released

Return to “Rio`s Lures”