Lenny's Lures

Lenny`s Lures
Capt.Seaweed
Guru
Guru

Re: Lenny's Lures

Post by Capt.Seaweed » Wed May 05, 2010 9:26 am

Dave,
Don't know about Lenny, however I've seen a barra style lure with his name with a metal bib, always get beaten when they've come up.
I'll keep looking, yours are nicely painted, take it these are for bass/trout etc.
Regards, Tony (Wulagi, NT).
"Always merry and bright"

Annie Maples
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post by Annie Maples » Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:55 am

bullrout22 wrote:I picked up 3 Lenny's Lures Im hoping some one will have some info about these lures
I was told these was made in the late 80's
Lenny Lures.JPG
Lenny Lures 0.JPG
Lenny Lures 1.JPG
Hello, what do you need to know??? Lenny is my father,A mad keen Barra fisherman, who got sick of having to replace expensive lost lures in the mid 80's he started but has lost interest after illness, he handcrafted all his lures from Tasmanian Hewin pine, making various sizes colors and shapes adaptable for fresh water cod or salt water..with some amazing results....

Annie Maples
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post by Annie Maples » Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:05 am

Dad, Len Maples from Wangaratta, is a life time member of the Booraloola fishing club, in his 70's now, he used to experimented on all different sorts of shapes and sized lures...from small 2inch (bug jumpers) to 6-7 inch barra lures...various sized/shaped bibs for different dive action, even trialed a few with ball bearings inside for a rattle affect, he mainly made them for himself, but when people started to show interest, he made and sold them privatly,He still has a collection he uses for his own needs, but when health and marriage problems he lost interest and hasnt made a lure in almost 10 years, but they were very sucessful, with my then 16 years old brother Roy making front cover of fishing world magazine, August 93' with a 45bl barra caught in the daily river darwin on a blue lure of Dad's.

Annie Maples
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post by Annie Maples » Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:01 pm

Ok will organise some photo's for sure when i can as im 1000km's away, but i do recognise his lures in your pictures, yes some of them are definatly his, by the mesh he used for the scale pattern... howdy clapclap

Return to “Lenny`s Lures”