DAIWA AMORPHOUS WHISKER HARRIER MATCH

Fizza

DAIWA AMORPHOUS WHISKER HARRIER MATCH

Post by Fizza » Thu May 22, 2008 1:21 pm

My only Daiwa Rod.
Model#: AWM 13H
Made in Great Britain.

These particular rods were imported privately through and possibly with the help of JV Marine many yrs ago. Only about 25 were originally bought into the country and the bloody things cost over a weeks good wages at the time. Mainly or specifically for the growing Course Angling fraternity.
I bought mine for floating mudeye & have also used it for drowning full or cut pilchards in Victoria's Volcanic lakes chasing Chinnok Salmon.

As the model number suggests the rod is 13Ft long and can be fished 1kg - 3kg equally as effectivelly and even lighter if wanted.

I've never come across such a light weight rod with the stopping power this has with such light lines. The rod design, make-up material/composition & length all contribute to this this and i must say {before knocking such a long rod - most do} it is an absolute pleasure to fish. I've even caught small Cod to 8Lb with this rod and they don't stand a chance of burying you.

Sadly {for some} Daiwa didn't make a reel of much substance at the time to complete the fit out so I matched a {graphite} Shimano Aero Baitrunner 3000 for a perfect balance.

HOTRODS

Post by HOTRODS » Thu May 22, 2008 1:49 pm

sounds like 1 sweeeeet lightenting conductor Fizza !!!

nearly thought i had a brain fart when i read the heading ??!! shockedsmilie

Fizza

Post by Fizza » Thu May 22, 2008 2:07 pm

HOTRODS wrote:sounds like 1 sweeeeet lightenting conductor Fizza !!!

nearly thought i had a brain fart when i read the heading ??!! shockedsmilie
Funny ya should mention the Lightening as it was the 1st rod i ever saw with the warning on it.

DRY WEATHER tackle only but beautiful rods.

Are ya familiar with them HR being in the rod bizzo? These i believe came out when Daiwa Japan had built a 13Ft Kevlar telescopic surf rod which retailed for around USD$2000 and for the most obvious reason never took off.

HOTRODS

Post by HOTRODS » Thu May 22, 2008 3:53 pm

not overlt familiar with them, see alot of the 'corse fishing ' gear around but all directed to the UK and europe anglers...

Mully
Master
Master
Mood:

Post by Mully » Thu May 22, 2008 7:13 pm

Almost purchased a 15 foot coarse rod about 2 years ago just so that I could try the new style out..When I saw the price I changed my mind it was a pflueger I believe and the price was shockedsmilie

Fizza

Post by Fizza » Thu May 22, 2008 8:42 pm

When i bought this Mully i also bought a matching quiver tip which had twice the balls this float rod has. I've since sold the quiver tip for what i paid. From memory $370 each around 15-18yrs ago which was a bloody lot of money then & i got a "trade deal" so to speak.

A C721 IMX Loomis Baitcast Stick was $400 around the same 12 month time frame for a price comparison so the you beaut Daiwa wasn't too bad being twice as long.

The Daiwa to fish though is just something totally different when hooked up. 13Ft of shock absorber.

Another nice rod also which is a couple of feet shorter and less than 1/2 price is the Canal by Shakespeare. Doesn't come anywhere near the Daiwa for balls but these are the only two rods i use for baitfishing trout.

You wouldn't have done your arsenal any harm by adding one of these course type float rods to it.

Back when i got it the number of Ozzie course anglers gobsmacked me and i'd say it's gone ahead in leaps & bounds since. It's not for me though.

Return to “Daiwa”