WELCOME TO THE FORUM PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Talk About Anything, but Please Remember the Rules.
seagull
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Re: WELCOME TO THE FORUM PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Post by seagull » Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:03 pm

Welcome aboard Jono.Your liver problems had nithing to do with me.It was great to meet you and Gavin plus everybody else at the expo cnt wait till the nxt 1.Will be looking forward to be dng some trades with you down the track aswell.

Cheerz Seagull

OCD

Post by OCD » Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:06 pm

Hello all,
Gavin here from Townsville. I was told about this site by another new member, Jono and I recognize a few peoples names already. For those who don't know me, I am into making my own lures and I make a few extras to help cover the cost. I call my lures OCD Lures. The name was actually chosen by my wife as she says I have Obsessive Compulsive Disorder with anything related to fishing. I am mainly into Estuary Fishing so most of my lures are aimed at Barra or Jacks but I enjoy all types of fishing.
I shared a site at Lure Expo with Jono, so if you saw HJ Lures at the Expo, you probably saw OCD Lures as well.
Cheers for now.
Gavin

diemai
Master
Master

Post by diemai » Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:15 pm

@ OCD

..............welcome to LureAndMore , .......your wife's way to name your lures really made me grin lol , .......but probably would match most of us in here !

cheers from the other side of the globe , .......diemai howdy
Hurts so bad living in a loony bin !

finnsurance
Rookie
Rookie
Mood:

Post by finnsurance » Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:49 pm

Hi Gavin
Welcome to l&M

I brought one of your lures mate to try on salmon down here in Tas that escape from the fish farms. thumbsupsmilie
When I get back to fishing mate I will take a pick for your CV.
For anyone looking for a good quality lure try some of the OCD lures for your arsonal in the tackle box.
Hope to see you at the next one again.
Welcome Rick thumbsupsmilie
If I'm not fishing I'm thinking about It

GoldenChub
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post by GoldenChub » Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:09 pm

I introduce myself, but first I apologize for the mistakes of language, unfortunately I do not speak English well and unfortunately also the translator of google has not studied much ... clapclap
My name is Marco I was born 22 years ago in Cremona, northern Italy, I alive and fish (but in the end it is the same thing) in the strip of land between the rivers Po, Oglio and Adda. I started to fish "bleak (alburnus alburnus)" and "catfish (brown bullhead)" in ditches close to home that I had milk teeth, then I spent a year or two to catch barbel in ledgering and I had fun, then ... in the Po River appeared strange silvery fish, they were predators, they were aggressive, they were asps (aspius aspius)! and a sunny April day of eleven years ago I found in my hand a strange short barrel with attached a wooden fish with two treble hooks .. and it was love at first launch, I was fascinated by that thing which looked so well one of those bleak fish that for so long I had caught and the type of fishing, so essential and different from traditional fishing, perhaps more akin to hunting but not so trivial because it included the mysterious and unknown world that lay beneath the surface of the water ... so that after the first and only fish of that warm day now I'm considering fishing and water essential for me as the bread and the air and I find in the lures construction the best way to complete my passion ... In addition to asps from few of years I'm enjoy catching chubs who live in the canals and ditches, this fishing is really fun and it makes me go fishing in places I had long forgotten and that give me fish that I would not have imagined would reach similar sizes in similar places and most of taken with DIY lures.
Sometime apart from the cyprinids i catch european cat (silurus glanis), zander, perch, b.bass and the rare and gorgeous suothern pike (esox flaviae) with marbled livery.
I think I have said, in essence, the important part of my life, I hope I have not bored you, and I hope that I presented in the right place.... -duh bye

Baz
Guru
Guru
Mood:

Post by Baz » Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:40 pm

Welcome Golden Chub.Good to see international members on the site.Would like to see some more of the fish you catch as well as the lures you use.

Cheers'
Baz
Wishin I was Fishin..!!

GoldenChub
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post by GoldenChub » Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:20 pm

Img_2299.jpg
Img_0548.jpg
Img_2291.jpg
Img_2271.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

diemai
Master
Master

Post by diemai » Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:36 pm

@ GoldenChub

Welcome to LureAndMore thumbsupsmilie , ...thanks for sharing these pictures , .........I never knew , that there was a southern version of Esox even bearing it's own zoooligial name , ........in fact the striping of it's back seems to look a little different to our more common northern pike .

I assume , that these lures shown are also homemade ones , ...that grasshopper looks real cool and I'm sure , that the "confederate" glider would come upon them pike with a rebel yell lol !

Maybe somtimes you could post some more of your homemadies in the "homemade lures" section in here , .......became a bit quiet in there these days , anyway .

You're lucky to have the wellknown Po river at door , ......famous for big cats , ........over here in northern Germany at the Elbe river they never grew as big so far , ......the population is just on the rise , still years ago catfish were abundant around here , but nowadays small ones are caught frequently by zander and eel anglers , .....but nevertheless the biggest one I've heard of so far was about 1,63 m caught right in the harbour of Hamburg .

I do not fish the river that much , it is infamous to eat lures , also the tidal currents are something , one has to deal with , ........so 'Ive never caught any catfish so far , ...really should try more often !

Hope , you'd enjoy yourself on LureAndMore , ......ciao , diemai howdy

GoldenChub
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post by GoldenChub » Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:01 am

Thanks, the southern pike is an endemic species of southern Europe, unfortunately, it is increasingly rare, you can read more there http://www.plosone.org/article/info%3Ad ... ne.0025218 , the rebel minnow is for waller, they has got very little eyes then I can paint the lure as I like more lol the cat in the picture is my big one (for now ...) was long approximately 20 cm more of me (1.75m) caught with an heddon tadpolly!! bowsmilie ! But I'm not crazy for fishing cats, I prefer fish the asp and chubs (fishery that lets you enjoy the best nature with few lures, a rod and ... long walks), but my dream is a big pike but unfortunately I have to catch them in the few rivers where they survive but here it is difficult to catch because are very rare and they are less aggressive than northern, I say that on average I take 1 or 2 a year!!! zippedsmilie

diemai
Master
Master

Post by diemai » Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:54 am

@ GoldenChub

Thanks for that link , ...quite interesting to read about that southern pike species .

You mean , that big silure of yours struck a tiny " Heddon Tadpolly"(as far as I remember it's only 76mm or so in length) , ........unbelievable , .......best proof for the quality of that lure !

As I said , I lack any experience in silure fishing , ....but I know , that they can take any lure , especially noisy ones and the kinds generating a lot of commotion in the water , .......running depth and color is also not that important , as they prowl the entire water column when actively hunting , .....and can't see well , as you've already stated , they sense their prey with their whiskers .

Up here in the Elbe river there is good fishing for asp , at least during the warm season , ...they are easy to detect when chasing into the minnow schools , ......all you need is the right lure at that point , ......they like to ignore everything , that does not fit into their actual prey scheme .

Also the lures have to be cast extremely far at times , as the asp often stay right in the middle of the river , which is pretty wide .

I fish that river only on occassion , but years ago I frequently did a few times and had some nice sport with some asp 60cms + , ...I will never forget , ......used homemade lures of copper tubing back then , ...very effective , .......which are your prefered lures for asp ?

Tight lines , diemai howdy

Return to “LURE AND MORE - GENERAL CHAT”