WELCOME TO THE FORUM PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Talk About Anything, but Please Remember the Rules.
diemai
Master
Master

Re: WELCOME TO THE FORUM PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Post by diemai » Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:19 am

@ Benno

............highly addictive , ......absolutely correct diagnosis thumbsupsmilie !

Remedy or cure : ..............none ever found nahnah !

But frequent daily visits on LureAndMore do provide a certain grade of relief wwnk !

Welcome aboard , mate , .............cheers , diemai howdy
Hurts so bad living in a loony bin !

Benno
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post by Benno » Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:39 pm

Thanks for the welcome guys. I'd hate to admit how many lures I have acquired in the last few weeks zippedsmilie

@Diemai I watched that video of you swimming the aussie style red polka dot lure, that's a nice looking lure and inspired me to make some of my own. Baby steps though I'm going to start with plastic blanks and work backwards after I get an idea of what I want to create. All I know at the moment is I want to catch fish on my own lures, the rest I'm working out. Time will tell how I go :D

diemai
Master
Master

Post by diemai » Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:17 am

@ Benno

..........great to hear that I could provide some input and inspiration through my vids , .............in fact I'm presently carving more lures of this style out of PVC hardfoam , ......hoping to get them done through coming winter .

I'm fully convinced about these Aussie style deep divers , as they are well suited for my favourite water , ...when approaching the rocky embankments(I most likely cast from the bank) , they do not snag or clog up inbetween the rocks due to their long bibs , also bounce the bottom well in more shallower portions of the swim .

Just caught a nice 38cm reddie this way a few days ago :
PICT0002-1.JPG
cheers , diemai howdy
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

diemai
Master
Master

Post by diemai » Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:26 am

Mully wrote:nice reddie mate nice eating down here what they like up your way ??? we must not return them to the waters in S.A but in other states they have bag limits lol

............most likely no bag limits here in northern Germany , Mully , .... ...probably with single fishing club's regulations , dunno , .........in our bigger lakes you can catch them by the buckets sometimes , ......in some places they demand a legal size of something about 17cms , but not around my area .

Real good eating , ......I like them fried or smoked !

Cheers , Dieter howdy

TeamOTYAustralia
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post by TeamOTYAustralia » Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:49 pm

Hi all,

We are a group of anglers from South eastern Australia. As a matter of introduction I thought I’d share some clips of fishing experiences that we have down our way. Here are some of our youtube links. I hope you enjoy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXF4T9j ... 1f_7qqxJs=

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5nz5dv ... DqhhSHEqM=

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUyV5Cd ... OWbGkZ1po=

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQp7EVO ... aeD4aIWzs=

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1UfQGs ... FA29GZIQk=

We might see you around the place one day.

Dave

finnsurance
Rookie
Rookie
Mood:

Post by finnsurance » Sun May 27, 2012 9:38 pm

Hi all
My name is Rick aka finnsurance

I have only just discovered your site and it's a great site for a fishing nut like me
I live on the west coast of Tassie with my wife and 2 little ones , boy 5 , girl 8
I have not been able to fish for 2 years 10 months zippedsmilie
I have a spinal injuries from a work accident but hopefully with surjery I will get back to tossing a lure again sooner rather than later.

We have a lot of good trout fishing here but saltwater fish are me main diet and recreation ( before accident ) & love me cray fishing, we call it rock hopping here. You can catch Crays in rock pools here when weather is right.

I have been tying a few salt water flies to keep me sain and have enjoyed learning this while off work but I can only do a couple a week so I spend a lot of time buying fishing gear ( my wife does not understand me crazysmilie ).

I am now looking at making my own lures wooden and metel spinners to help with the frustration and boredom so I hope you guys don't mind mind me asking a few questions and having a chat with you all ???

I also love the afl and old cars, Tigers and Holden man sorry but I used to collect splittys VW's as well.
I hope to make some friends on this site and never want to offend anyone so please feel free to let me know if I ever do. howdy
thumbsupsmilie
If I'm not fishing I'm thinking about It

diemai
Master
Master

Post by diemai » Mon May 28, 2012 3:09 am

@ finnsurance

Great introduction of yours , Rick , .........I hope , you're gonna be fit enough for some lure casting soon , ...almost three years of abstinence is almost impossible to bear , I reckon .

Absolutely no problem about asking any luremaking questions in here , there even is a homemade lures topic section in here (if you haven't already found it) :

http://www.lureandmore.com/viewforum.php?f=69

If you're planning on making spinners , I might probably be able to help , .......these kinda lures were might first homemades more than 20 years ago .

Great to have you here thumbsupsmilie , ....welcome , mate , ...........cheers from the other side of the globe , diemai howdy

finnsurance
Rookie
Rookie
Mood:

Post by finnsurance » Mon May 28, 2012 12:25 pm

Thanks guys for making me feel welcome
Dont worry will be asking a few ???

without blowing smoke up your toosh
bowsmilie this site IS great

thumbsupsmilie will keep looking about to work it all out

Can I ask what part of the globe some of you guys fish (live) . ???

Does anyone have a link for a wire former in this site ? cheep one to start under a $100
Cheers Rick

finnsurance
Rookie
Rookie
Mood:

Post by finnsurance » Mon May 28, 2012 12:55 pm

Thanks Dave, I think I need to look a bit harder before asking.

diemai
Master
Master

Post by diemai » Mon May 28, 2012 1:15 pm

finnsurance wrote:Thanks Dave, I think I need to look a bit harder before asking.

lol lol lol thumbsupsmilie !

Some members from the USA , ..........as far as for Europe , ......I'm from Germany , right now I can remember about one or two guys from Finnland , one from the Netherlands and another guy from Serbia , ....there must also be a few blokes from the UK , I guess , .........my apologies to those not listed .

cheers , diemai howdy

Return to “LURE AND MORE - GENERAL CHAT”