WELCOME TO THE FORUM PLEASE INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Talk About Anything, but Please Remember the Rules.
matt77
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post by matt77 » Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:42 am

well here go's ,names matt i live in the central west of nsw in orange ,married with 3 kids one of which is a super keen fisherman. work as a fork lift driver/storeman by night and at the local caravan and marine centre part time by day to feed my addiction, mainly chase natives around the local dams ,fish out of a 475 hornet trophy just found this site yay good to see i'm not the only one addicted to lures ....matt ps. better get to work and buy some more ,got 2 new colour's in the zipbaits ....

Zipman

Post by Zipman » Tue Sep 11, 2007 3:11 pm

Zipman or better known as Mark. I'm married with a six year old son. At the moment I'm the Australian Distributor for Zipbaits Lures and will probably start bringing in some other products this year. Have been a man of all trades over the years I'm an Electrical Fitter by Trade but haven't been in that game for years my last real job was an English Teacher & English advisor for a large paper company in Japan.

Have fished since I was a young bloke and like most of us my Dad was my mentor and teacher, still get out with him sometimes but he's slowing down a bit nowdays being in his 80s. Got the lure bug in Japan where I started fishing for Sea Bass and also Bass in the rivers and dams. When I was in Japan I came across a few bream forums and this is going back a few years so it was still in it's infancy, picked up a load of little lures up there and returned to Australia, I had a few Khamsin Jrs and found that these really were outstanding and the rest is history. Like wading flats for Bream & Flatties that's my form of meditation and dont mind chasing Salmon & Tailor off the beach, any type of fishing really.

Mark

cmj
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post by cmj » Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:42 pm

Howdy sportsfans,

I'm cmj, or more commonly known as Craig. I live in Berry, which is a small country town 2 hrs drive south of Sydney and about 10mins drive inland. South of Kiama and North of Jervis Bay.

43 yr old Self Employed Building Designer (all residential work). Divorced but have 12 yr old daughter who is starting to get into fishing as it gets her away from her little brother and sister. Currently have girlfriend (Leanne) who has two boys, Raymond-12 and Caleb-10.

Started fishing before I can remember actually, My grand father used to make his own Split Cane nigger rods (luderick) and also my GGM used to fish for them aswell. Dad obviously fished for them and a few other species off the rocks with mates in the early to mid seventies. It made my dad's day one birthday a few years ago when I found him a split cane nigger rod on ebay and also got him a matching era centrepin for it. He never got his hands on one of pop's old ones.

I am currently sourcing new blanks so I can get a new graphite rod build for said weed eating monsters, and I also use a centrepin for that too, bit of a traditionalist.

Started lure fishing about four years ago for flathead and then competed in my first ABT in 2005, and subsequently qualified for the Grand Final later that year and came 4th in Non-Boater Division.

Fished 2006 season as a mix of Boater and Non-Boater and qualified again for Grand Final and had a shocker at GF. Also fished STC and didnt make GF due to work commitments for one of the qualifying rounds.

2007 started with both STC with my fishing partner from the year before Andrew Walker (Swoffa), we were going to qualify come hell or high water and we did and upset a few teams along the way with a 4th place at Port Macquarie and a 10th place at the Gold Coast Round. We peaved a few others off that weekend also because we borrowed Mr Morgan's Stratos with a 150 ETec on the back, but thats another story.

2007 also saw ma do two ABT's as a Non-Boater and I won the Sydney round and had a midfield finish at the Hawkesbury round, but another trip to an ABT GF is on in November to Lake Macquarie.

In late 2005 I purchased an Drew Griffith built Attack 470, it was Mango's old boat and it has served me well. It has a 90 ETec on the back and is a 42mph GPS boat after a few tweaks from the guys at BRP. I am currently awaiting the new deck designs for the 2007/08 Attacks to start on a new boat which will have a 115 Etec hung off a 6" jacking plate, should be a mid 50's boat then.

I use Millerods Bream Busters for all my breaming and bassing and have a few other styles of his in my sports/utility room. Ian is about 45-50mins drive down the road, so its tooo convenient really and he makes an exceptional product. I think the tally is 10-11 and there are a few down at Ians in for repairs

I have a low key arrangement with Shimano and hence I use their reels and a lot of their lures and they supply my clothing. I am free to use other product aswell.

Cheers,
Craig.
If it looks fishy it must be fishy

jords
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post by jords » Wed Sep 19, 2007 12:19 pm

hi everyone im jordan..im from wagga wagga.im 26 yrs old i have 3 kids and i love fishing..and aerosol art (not graffiti).. howdy

Nathan
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Nathan » Fri Sep 28, 2007 5:11 pm

Hey guys my names Nathan 28 engaged no kids nahnah
I live in perth ive just started lure fishing used bait since a kid
I love lures some say a little too much (is it wrong to find a lure sexy?)
I work in sales manly mining equipment tools ect
I would go fishing every day if i could but im not alowed thubsdown
work is sick of hearing about fishing so now you all have to put up with it thumbsupsmilie

Gaffer
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
Location: Head South up the big hill and turn left at the top

Post by Gaffer » Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:35 am

Ladies and gentleman

Gaffer has entered the forum.

Yeah OK... someone had to give me a grand entrance though, coz I knew none of you buggers would. lol

To be honest, this forum has potentially saved my marriage. My wife thought I was a lureaholic, but I can now safely log on here, take my pick of members, and show her what one really looks like... coz you lot are shockers.

Hey... between you and me though, I aspire to be like you guys and have a collection just like yours... just don't tell the wife.

My real name isn't actually Gaffer as my Mum and Dad weren't that mean, so they called me Lee, which was still fairly mean, but in the overall scheme of things it could've been worse. I'm 39 and have 5 kids, 2 of which are mine (Evan 5 and Liam 3) and 3 of which came with her indoors (Dylon 18, Bonnie 15 and Jye 12).

I own a 4.2 Dory that has a 40hp Enduro on the back plus a RT55AP hanging off the front so I can stalk breamskis. I've put in front and rear casting decks and am having a livewell made up so I can use our good esky for BBQ's again. No wonder the wife hates entertaining when people pull their drinks out and have to brush off the shell grit oopssmilie

I'm looking forward to being an active member on this site, as I think to have a site that is lure orientated is a very good idea... especially to help keep up to date with what's hot and what's not.

Good idea Mully.

Gaff
It's just a bling thing!

Ranger
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post by Ranger » Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:15 pm

Gaffer wrote:Gaffer has entered the forum.
AWH, now they're just lettin anyone in!

Welcome to the site!
howdy
RANGER - The fisherman John West rejected!

HOTRODS

Post by HOTRODS » Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:39 pm

dont throw stones Ranger...we let you in ! lol

Ranger
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post by Ranger » Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:02 pm

HOTRODS wrote:dont throw stones Ranger...we let you in ! lol
Yeah, but I snuck in through a crack and circumvened your defences!

And I'm certain that Gaffer took my comment in the spirit it was intended, and that he'll have a much better comeback for me!
RANGER - The fisherman John West rejected!

Gaffer
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
Location: Head South up the big hill and turn left at the top

Post by Gaffer » Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:31 pm

Hahaha

Yeah mate...

I took it in the way it was intended. I've known you too long now to take you too seriously. droolsmilie

As for comebacks, there's no need... looks like Hotrods had it covered thumbsupsmilie
It's just a bling thing!

Return to “LURE AND MORE - GENERAL CHAT”