The Changes in Lure Collecting

Talk About Anything, but Please Remember the Rules.
vince.
Site Admin
Site Admin

The Changes in Lure Collecting

Post by vince. » Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:03 pm

Even with my waning interest in the whole thing, I have been watching the lure collecting scene over the last few years. The passion from the collectors is still there, but it somehow seems different, or is it. ???

Everything changes, but nothing changes. Really the only changes are the players. Same game but different names & different agendas.

Fortunately most collectors are good honest people, but not all. It`s not one big happy paradise full of great mates. Never was and never will be.

This quote from a disillusioned collector seems to indicate a growing attitude amongst current collectors.

“Definitely the lure collecting community now is all about dollars.
When I started 5 years ago, it was more friendly and people helped each other. Creating friendships and helping each other get lures to finish sets and obtain something for their collection.
Now its just about the quickest buck and flexing who's better than another.
Some collectors/sellers loose sight when someone has helped them before in the past, and doesn't really ask for anything in return.
I've always tried to help someone when asked, as I know we all started from somewhere and knowledge is better when shared.”

Thing is, it wasn`t any different five years ago either. -duh Only the awareness grows as the knowledge and experience grows. Same game, different names.
Regards.....Vince.

ocd1688
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: The Changes in Lure Collecting

Post by ocd1688 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:39 pm

You have been very gentle clapclap clapclap clapclap

Just don’t do an Elvis in Flaming Star, rode away in the sunset, mortally wounded thumbsupsmilie

Albert

vince.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by vince. » Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:32 pm

ocd1688 wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:39 pm
You have been very gentle clapclap clapclap clapclap

Just don’t do an Elvis in Flaming Star, rode away in the sunset, mortally wounded thumbsupsmilie

Albert

My old mate, gotta say after looking at some Facebook shit, I don’t know why most people don’t quietly walk away.
God there are some f’wits out there. Know all know nothing f’wits that seem to out number the genuine blokes by far.
Always been the case, but this new social media bullshit has opened up a whole new world of -duh -duh
Regards.....Vince.

Baz
Guru
Guru
Mood:

Post by Baz » Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:33 am

Couldn't agree more Vince.
The passion is still there but the facts seem to be more made up as each week passes.
Its a little like chinese whispers.
New collectors are being led up the path by some unscrupulous old collecters as well as other newer collectors who are a lot like blind bambi.
Only a few lures I'm keen on adding to my 'collection' these days as my interest has waned to the point of not really caring about them to much anymore.
Eddys , Dambusters in particular - timber Dee Bobs and of course a certain OLD lure maker with the initials RMG.
Wishin I was Fishin..!!

Baz
Guru
Guru
Mood:

Post by Baz » Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:35 am

I like the King Willie Pullers to...but I dont have permission to look at that thread :(
Wishin I was Fishin..!!

vince.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by vince. » Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:41 pm

Baz wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:33 am
New collectors are being led up the path by some unscrupulous old collecters
There`s also the unscrupulous lure makers who seem to think all collectors are fools. I`ve lost a fair bit of interest due to this as well. But that`s another story that needs telling.

Baz wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:35 am
I like the King Willie Pullers to...but I dont have permission to look at that thread :(

I think maybe it`s the mystery of this reclusive genius that lifts the appeal thumbsupsmilie
Regards.....Vince.

wally
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post by wally » Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:21 pm

spot on vince self appointed experts masquerading as lure evaluators they are like fleas on a dog bloody everywhere

vince.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by vince. » Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:12 am

wally wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:21 pm
spot on vince self appointed experts masquerading as lure evaluators they are like fleas on a dog bloody everywhere
lol lol That`s one way of describing it Wally thumbsupsmilie

A well run campaign to discredit Ebay has put the lure market in the hands of the elite and the fleas. Ebay was never perfect, but still has a lot more going for it than the facebook pages. It`s certainly better than the "experts" ripping off the unsuspecting collectors or sellers behind the scenes on web sites or at places like the lure show.
Regards.....Vince.

Return to “LURE AND MORE - GENERAL CHAT”