Finnish Lure Carvers Compilation

diemai
Master
Master

Finnish Lure Carvers Compilation

Post by diemai » Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:05 am

Hi , folks ,

Received this book from a Finnish friend the other day , it is a compilation of the work of Finnish lure builders .

Though I can't read a single word of the Finnish language , I am truly amazed to see the awesome work of hobby tinkerers from the land of "Rapala" and "Nils Master" .

The book has about 350 pages stuffed with virtually hundreds of pictures of homemade lures and only little text(which I can't understand , anyway lol ) .

As far as I figure out , this book came to being on the idea of some of the participating 45 lure carvers , just to present and also "preserve" their work in shape of a book , ....so they obviously got to organize all the neccessities required to accomplish sucha project , .....a great achievement even in a country like Finland with a very high public interest for angling .

So well , I'd just like to share some of the book contents here on LAM , ........previously I have asked permission to do so from Haukki Vesku , the guy with his name on the cover .

He also told me , that he still has a very limited quantity of this compilation in stock , he would send them out for free(only postage prepaid ,... first come , first served) , .......just in case someone should be interested .

Ok , I've shot a few pics , ........sadly these do not meet the visual quality of the real book by far , but probably they'd still provide a little impression of those fantastic lures being made in the very North of Europe .
PIC_0002-1.JPG
PIC_0005-1.JPG
PIC_0007-1.JPG
PIC_0009-1.JPG
PIC_0011-1.JPG
PIC_0012-1.JPG
PIC_0013-1.JPG
PIC_0014-1.JPG
PIC_0015-1.JPG
PIC_0016-1.JPG
PIC_0017-1.JPG
PIC_0018-1.JPG
PIC_0019-1.JPG
PIC_0021-1.JPG
PIC_0022-1.JPG
PIC_0023-1.JPG
PIC_0026-1.JPG

greetz , diemai howdy
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Hurts so bad living in a loony bin !

fishaholiclures
Master
Master

Re: Finnish Lure Carvers Compilation

Post by fishaholiclures » Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:24 am

Some beautiful work in there Dieter, what a wonderful idea for preserving the history of the small makers as well as the more commercial ones clapclap clapclap

Cheers Brad
I know what I know, the rest is simply details
acta non verba

neb
Expert
Expert

Post by neb » Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:47 pm

Diemai, just stumbled across this post, that book is fabulous, I have tinkered with the idea of doing something similar in Australia with the backyard lure makers of Oz. I don 't suppose that I could obtain a copy of this book somehow..Nev

diemai
Master
Master

Post by diemai » Sat Mar 19, 2011 5:06 pm

neb wrote:Diemai, just stumbled across this post, that book is fabulous, I have tinkered with the idea of doing something similar in Australia with the backyard lure makers of Oz. I don 't suppose that I could obtain a copy of this book somehow..Nev

I'm very sorry , mate , ........at first my Finnish friend told me , that one guy involved still had some issues laying around and I've emailed him to ask to buy some more , .........things started to look positive , as I exchanged a few mails with him .......but when I've got to payment and handling details he has stopped replying to my Emails , ....so I guess , that he changed his mind about selling out these last issues , ....probably at least to outside of Finland .

Don't think , that I could provide more help , as I also do not understand a single word of the Finnish language , .........but if you're up to such project , it would be rather be essential to have knowledge about putting up such pictured books , have a good connection with local publishers/printers and round up all of the potential luremaking participants .

I reckon , that I was told by my Finnish friend that this issue was rather small numbered and non commercial(no profits in sales) , .....just for fun for the Finnish carvers fraternity .

Sorry , ...............greetz , Dieter howdy

neb
Expert
Expert

Post by neb » Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:21 am

Thanks Dieter, I know it will be a big project to produce a book here in Aus, but it would be a fun project and would quite pleasing to complete..Nev

diemai
Master
Master

Post by diemai » Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:27 am

neb wrote:Thanks Dieter, I know it will be a big project to produce a book here in Aus, but it would be a fun project and would quite pleasing to complete..Nev

Nev , it would surely be great if it could be made possible , ..........wishing you good luck for sucha project thumbsupsmilie !

greetz , Dieter howdy

MXB
Master
Master

Post by MXB » Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:50 am

neb wrote:Thanks Dieter, I know it will be a big project to produce a book here in Aus, but it would be a fun project and would quite pleasing to complete..Nev
I would have liked a copy of that publication too . . . so many great ideas and 'backyard' lures.

Nev . . . I have thought about this too as have others. We may have to chat about this some time ???

MXB

howdy
IF YOU ARE FEELING DOWN JUST PULL OUT YOUR FAVOURITE LURE AND DREAM OF BETTER TIMES

Rupe
Master
Master

Post by Rupe » Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:49 am

some very nice shapes in there!!! can see them used in a lot of the japanese stuff on the market now!
Rupe.

Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught...

diemai
Master
Master

Post by diemai » Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:26 pm

Rupe wrote:some very nice shapes in there!!! can see them used in a lot of the japanese stuff on the market now!

Guess , that this is accidental , ..........don't think that these are knock-off's of that Finnish folk art !

greetz , diemai howdy

Return to “VINTAGE AND CURRENT BOOKS / MAGAZINES / CATALOGUES AND MORE”