New Luremaking Book

diemai
Master
Master

New Luremaking Book

Post by diemai » Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:46 pm

G'day , fella's ,

Just came across this one , that someone had posted on an American site , ........though , that I might share in here as well !

It is a new instructional book about making different timber lures obviously containing some different lure patterns and also working methods , ....at least I am quite enthusiastic about it and I'm going to order for one soon !

Check out the preview :

http://books.google.com/books?id=pa9yWm ... ng&f=false

greetz , diemai howdy
Hurts so bad living in a loony bin !

rivermandave

Re: New Luremaking Book

Post by rivermandave » Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:11 am

Here's another one that is fairly recent...

http://www.bookfinder.com/search/?ac=sl ... _1:156:194

Another idea to consider is to get ahold of a box of old wood "beater" lures....remove the hardware...and strip / sand them to your liking...then repaint and add hardware.

Powelly
tradie
tradie

Post by Powelly » Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:50 pm

Hi diemai

That looks like a pretty handy read for anyone wanting to get started in luremaking.

I came across this site, the other day. I have no idea if the video is worth buying, but someone may want to take a punt on it.

http://www.makefishlures.com/?hop=melbguy#bonus

Cheers

Travers

Mully
Master
Master
Mood:

Post by Mully » Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:56 pm

awesome reading by the looks always great to know what books are useful and what is not ,,thanks guys

diemai
Master
Master

Post by diemai » Sun Jul 11, 2010 1:42 am

@ Powelly

I must admit , that I had entirely forgotten about ordering that book , that I even had introduced , .....just too busy at times crazysmilie crazysmilie !

But thanks for reminding me again due to your post in here thumbsupsmilie lol !

After my knowledge the first version of this book by Vlad Evanoff (he wrote a couple of more fishing books by that time) was issued in 1959 ,.....years ago I have tried to get a printed version from an US out-of-print-books store , but they did not have one issue in stock by that time .

Obviously there are also modern re-prints available , I suppose , as I have once stumbled over one seemingly modern issue through the web , ...but haven't bought it .

So if you download this E-book , you should probably expect , that maybe the contents might not be quite up-to-date in terms of modern materials , tools and working procedures , etc. , ..........but on the other hand this book still seems to be be quite popular and useful , as it even comes out as an E-book now ?

Probably it has even been worked over accordingly to modern demands , ....sorry , I haven't read over the describtion THAT thoroughly !

Sorry , mate , all I can tell so far !

@ Mully

Ya haven't downloaded it yet , have ya ??? ?

greetz , diemai howdy

YOUNGGUN
Rookie
Rookie

Post by YOUNGGUN » Sun Jul 11, 2010 1:52 am

Some very interesting content there thumbsupsmilie great for somebody wanting to get back to the old ways of making lures and might even give some insperation to those guy's out there who have been doing it for while.

diemai
Master
Master

Post by diemai » Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:17 am

@ YOUNGGUN

.........so you've read it , mate ???

greetz , diemai howdy

YOUNGGUN
Rookie
Rookie

Post by YOUNGGUN » Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:27 am

No Not yet but just had a browse looks very interesting, Im not a lure maker though I just like using them. But always keen to know the behind the scenes stuff that goes into making a lure.
I was lucky enough to grow up around Ray Whitmore and Paul Kneller and have met quite a few lure makers, some are crazy buggers crazysmilie but they come up with the goods to catch fish.

diemai
Master
Master

Post by diemai » Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:35 am

@ YOUNGGUN

.....alright , mate , thanks ,........I absolutely agree about the interesting looks , .......just been strolling around "amazon.com " to check out details about purchase................. thumbsupsmilie

greetz , diemai howdy

Return to “VINTAGE AND CURRENT BOOKS / MAGAZINES / CATALOGUES AND MORE”