No name.

FLASH
Rookie
Rookie
Mood:

No name.

Post by FLASH » Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:39 pm

LOOK, Ive got this alloy fly reel in perfect working order i think ?. Has some brass fittings and a strange leaver on one side that seems to release the drag . The other side has a brass screw type of line hoder thingy . Who can tell me what about this old girl . Came from a deceaced pomi /kiwi estate , Been living in tas for a while before he passed and his wife was happy to see it amongst other memorabillia go to a good home .
Cheers FLASH
IMGP3157.JPG
IMGP3158.JPG
IMGP3159.JPG
IMGP3163.JPG
IMGP3164.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Fishing the tasmanian streams is more a passion then a sport , My wife thinks its an affair.

FLASH
Rookie
Rookie
Mood:

Re: No name.

Post by FLASH » Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:43 pm

A couple more pix.
IMGP3165.JPG
IMGP3166.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Fishing the tasmanian streams is more a passion then a sport , My wife thinks its an affair.

FLASH
Rookie
Rookie
Mood:

Post by FLASH » Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:13 pm

Someone must know somethang. come one guys and girls . ???

Charged
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Charged » Fri May 10, 2013 10:17 am

I've seen these before, but am not able to remember exactly what it is. I'm fairly certain it English, and possibly quite collectable. I'll see what I can dig up.
Last edited by Charged on Fri May 10, 2013 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Charged
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Charged » Fri May 10, 2013 10:38 am

I can't find one exactly like it, but I'd start researching the Hardy Silex reels. If you want I could ask on a collector board for you, and likely find you a answer. If its what I think it might be, entry prices start at around $100 being a deal, and go up from there. Some of this similar design go for much more.Many of the earlier designs similar to this date back to the 1920's. I think yours might be a little later than that, and possibly a different reel. It's not as fancy as the ones I have seen, but is very similar in design.

I would be interested in seeing the internals.

FLASH
Rookie
Rookie
Mood:

Post by FLASH » Thu May 30, 2013 10:05 pm

Good job mate . Ill see what i can do about getting to the internals and a pic or two . Thanks again , It is part of a deceased estate handed to me so im interested what how and more .
FLASH

Return to “VINTAGE FLY REELS”