Surface Paddler

Secret Creek Lures
Capt.Seaweed
Guru
Guru

Surface Paddler

Post by Capt.Seaweed » Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:34 am

Guys,
While down in Woolgoolga at the moment, visited MO tackle in Coffs.
Found this interesting surface lure similar to a Jitter Bug, hasn't a model name, except made by Secret Creek Lures of Adamstown in NSW.
Timber lure, nicely finished, will be good for Saratoga in the billabongs, I'll post a pic when I get home.
Regards, Tony (Wulagi, NT).
"Always merry and bright"

Stephen Booth
Expert
Expert

Re: Surface Paddler

Post by Stephen Booth » Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:27 am

The Secret Creek boys are starting to put out some great lures. Their range is getting larger all the time and, more importantly, the hard bodies work very well.

Fish it hard and it'll be good to see some shots of the lure hanging out the gob of a saratoga.

ropes.basstard
Rookie
Rookie

Post by ropes.basstard » Wed May 05, 2010 9:47 pm

Tony Secret Creek make a surface lure similar to a Jitterbug and it is called a Kerr Boom Model Number SCD-06 and should be 55mm long.

Capt.Seaweed
Guru
Guru

Post by Capt.Seaweed » Thu May 06, 2010 9:53 am

Ropes,
I haven't photographed it, but here is one I've made resembling it slightly (don't want to break any copyright laws).
I liked it when I first saw in MO tackle Coffs Harbour, no lure model name on packaging, just Secret Creek info. address in NSW etc.
Your spot-on length wise, about 55mm.
Big Cicada.JPG
Regards, Tony (Wulagi, NT).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Always merry and bright"

ropes.basstard
Rookie
Rookie

Post by ropes.basstard » Mon May 17, 2010 10:28 pm

Looks similar to the Secret Creek lure, just a little squarer across the shoulders etc.

Nice lure mate, I can only make a mess with my hands and am not brave enough (yet) to have a go at making lures of my own. Great effort!

Ropes

Mully
Master
Master
Mood:

Post by Mully » Wed May 19, 2010 1:42 am

still trying to find their site with hardbodys on it wouldn't mind having the boys here as tradies and to fill this section up a bit ive heard many good story's about them so im interested indeed

fish69blue
Rookie
Rookie

Post by fish69blue » Tue May 25, 2010 6:20 am

I have one of their surface paddlers as well as a diver.The finish is top notch and here's hoping to getting a few more down the track.Regards Barry

Return to “Secret Creek Lures”