My Powell Lure's

Powell Lures
brolly
Guru
Guru

Re: My Powell Lure's

Post by brolly » Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:08 pm

Just love the purple powellys Les and very nice Powelly Kaditchas there Dave.While i have a few recent Kaditchas i also have this one that i suspect is 10+ years old and i'm hoping Travers may be able to give me a better idea of age ???
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

lest_55
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post by lest_55 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:01 am

Dave ,
Nice Kaditchas, clapclap ..They are the reverse of mine,white for 2009....yellow 2010 thumbsupsmilie
Cheers LES

Powelly
tradie
tradie

Post by Powelly » Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:11 pm

brolly wrote:Just love the purple powellys Les and very nice Powelly Kaditchas there Dave.While i have a few recent Kaditchas i also have this one that i suspect is 10+ years old and I'm hoping Travers may be able to give me a better idea of age ???
@Brolly. As you know, I never made the Kaditcha in any sort of quantity, so putting a date on them is a bit difficult.

But...... there are a couple of 'give-away' indicators on this Kaditcha that will put an upper limit to it's age. It looks like the lure is sporting a lovely set of bronze VMC trebles and a pair of the world's strongest split rings, which is probably the best indicator of the lure's age.

I can't remember when I first started using VMC hooks, but I think it was before I moved from Tenterfield to Maitland in 1997 - a quick look at photos of my 'old' lures looks like the later Tenterfield ones might have VMC's. I used to buy a lot of trebles through Rod Cochburn (Wagga Tackle) and Ray Broughton (RTB legend Lures) - mainly Eagle Claw Laser Sharp short shank trebles, from memory.

The split rings were purchased from Nat Nat Pty Ltd, in October 1999. I've still got plenty of these rings left because they are too hard to open and attach hooks and fit to the lure. I had plenty of puncture wounds from fitting hooks, using these rings.

So, an educated guess might put the lure at 8 - 10 years old. It's the first used Powell Lure that I've seen on this site. yay yay

Where did you pick it up from?

Travers

brolly
Guru
Guru

Post by brolly » Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:55 pm

Travers i picked up the Kaditcha in a tackle box full of lures i got from a guy who has lived in Ireland for the last ten years.He returned to Aus for a holiday recently and sold off most of his stuff that had been in storage.So that is why i figured it had to be at least ten years old. Mike.

Powelly
tradie
tradie

Post by Powelly » Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:40 pm

Powelly wrote:The split rings were purchased from Nat Nat Pty Ltd, in October 1999. I've still got plenty of these rings left because they are too hard to open and attach hooks and fit to the lure. I had plenty of puncture wounds from fitting hooks, using these rings.

So, an educated guess might put the lure at 8 - 10 years old. It's the first used Powell Lure that I've seen on this site. yay yay

Where did you pick it up from?

Travers
Sorry, Simon, I meant "it's the first of older, pre-L&M, lures that I've seen on this site". Should never dismiss that battered and bruised Mack Attack!

Brolly, the Kaditcha could well be 10+ years old. I'm only guessing that those split rings are the SUPER STRONG Nat Nat rings. In my early days at Tenterfield, I used to buy those awful, thick Eagle Claw trebles that KMart used to sell + I also bought split rings from Kmart. So, the split rings in your Kad may well be a bit older than I first suggested.

Cheers

Travers

simon bruce
Master
Master

Post by simon bruce » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:41 pm

Added these to the other models I have in this colour scheme
pkbottom.jpg
pkside.jpg
pktop.jpg
these won't end up like the mack attack though..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Capt.Seaweed
Guru
Guru

Post by Capt.Seaweed » Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:29 am

Simon,
They look as good as mine, I'm tempted to use my Mack Attack on the local barra.
If it gets too scratched, I'll have to order another one. lol
Regards, Tony (Wulagi, NT).
"Always merry and bright"

Capt.Seaweed
Guru
Guru

Post by Capt.Seaweed » Mon May 02, 2011 9:21 am

Very nice Dave, I've a Kadaicha and Mack Attack in the black.
Glad to see you've acquired a few.
Regards, Tony.

Capt.Seaweed
Guru
Guru

Post by Capt.Seaweed » Tue May 03, 2011 8:43 am

Here you go Dave.
Regards, Tony.
Powell Perfection.JPG

Powelly
tradie
tradie

Post by Powelly » Sun May 08, 2011 8:30 pm

Capt.Seaweed wrote:Very nice Dave, I've a Kadaicha and Mack Attack in the black.
Glad to see you've acquired a few.
Regards, Tony.
Tony, Dave's Retro set looks black in the photos but it's actually an 'olive' sort of colour. In fact, it's actually a yellow base coat with black bars, then oversprayed with a light coat of black - unfortunately it doesn't photograph very well.

It's an absolute dynamite colour on Bass! A highly sort after colour in the Macleay Minnow.

Cheers

Travers

Return to “Powell Lures”