Lanes 'Spark-l-wobbler' 1950's

MXB
Master
Master

Lanes 'Spark-l-wobbler' 1950's

Post by MXB » Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:29 am

Hi all . . .

Here's another vintage spoon similar to the Hofshneider's with the red eye concept. This ones a Lanes 'Spark-l-wobbler' marked Wyoming, N.Y

This lure has 3 bead eyes and old style hardware . . . like these too
phpPRZG7iPM.jpg
phpgDuRuwPM.jpg
MXB

thumbsupsmilie
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
IF YOU ARE FEELING DOWN JUST PULL OUT YOUR FAVOURITE LURE AND DREAM OF BETTER TIMES

diemai
Master
Master

Re: Lanes 'Spark-l-wobbler' 1950's

Post by diemai » Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:08 pm

@ MXB

Never saw this one before..........it's cupping seems to be shaped a tad more moderately than the "Hofschneider" , but hard to tell by the pictures ????

I assume , that the "Hofschneider" was there first , but I can't really tell , but to me it is pretty obvious , that the two lures were somehow "influenced" by one another(to put it in mild words lol ) .

I wonder , that US patents were granted to the TWO of them at all , only because of the differences of the beads and their arrangement on the lure , ........as outer shape , cupping , lure action , size and target species hardly differ ?

Maybe underpayed lawyers were involved lol ?

Anyway , very interesting ,...... thanks for posting bowsmilie , ............greetz , Dieter howdy
Hurts so bad living in a loony bin !

MXB
Master
Master

Post by MXB » Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:28 pm

@diemai

You are right . . . it is ever so slighly LESS concave than the Hofs' and it may be that they were competing in the same market with the red eye concept going on. Maybe thats why not all lures continued as the patents would have been contested similar to a modern day lawsuit??

I havn't had time but maybe some search engine may have the info about this . . . it would be documented somewhere!! punchfrom punchfrom

Maybe thats why it had 3 red beads instead of the two with the configuration up the centre of the lure??

I have never seen another one with the patent granted but think I might do some research on this in the future because there are other 'red eye' style spoons too!! The thot plickens lol lol

Roger

howdy
IF YOU ARE FEELING DOWN JUST PULL OUT YOUR FAVOURITE LURE AND DREAM OF BETTER TIMES

MXB
Master
Master

Post by MXB » Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:05 pm

Found some more from this company recently - apparently not much is known about this company but started around 1935 and went through to the 1950's;

Silver Red Flasher # 6

Drift Troll spinner #13

I've also seen other models of spoons and spinners made by this company and have a smaller Silver Red Flasher on the card somewhere too

MXB

howdy

diemai
Master
Master

Post by diemai » Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:55 am

Nice find , Roger thumbsupsmilie , .........they're very generous with their beads lol , ......guess , that these spinners are supposed to be rigged way ahead of the(main) lure ?

In my early luremaking days I've shaped a few similar single-bladed ones with a treble mounted to them straightaway , ....but can't remember to have caught on them on first trials .

greetz , Dieter howdy
Hurts so bad living in a loony bin !

Return to “VINTAGE METAL SPOONS / WOBBLERS / SPINNERS”