Mitchell and Voblex spinners

heinzy
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Mitchell and Voblex spinners

Post by heinzy » Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:01 pm

Back in the 1960s I used these lures with great success on Redfin Yellowbelly and Bream (Grunters) in central Victoria.

The Voblex was french I think and was like a small version of the Hogback lure but unlike the hogback spun from the broad end of the blade with an extended rubber head enclosing a lead weight all beautifully made about a central wire core with tie one end and treble the other. It came in gold and silver and in 5 size ranges 2-10 (steps of 2). Great for casting and spun beautifully in the water.

The Mitchell (made by Garcia I seem to recall) had 2 contra rotating odd shaped metal spoon type blades, one blade much larger than the other, about a metal body, not unlike the Rublex.

If anyone knows a source of these still or has any in an old tackle box I'd like to acquire some again --by barter or mortgage.

outlaw
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Re: Mitchell and Voblex spinners

Post by outlaw » Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:06 pm

Hey heinzy,

I've got two mitchells as you describe, that have never hit the water, both are tarnished though, one larger and one small.

Let me know if your interested,

Cheers
Outlaw
Outlaw

ropes.basstard
Rookie
Rookie

Post by ropes.basstard » Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:08 pm

Guys here's a photo (a bit rough) of a pair of Voblex ad yes they are marked with "Made in France". I have a few of these and find it very hard to stop the silver blade from tarnishing and losing its shine.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

heinzy
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post by heinzy » Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:10 pm

to Ropes.Basstard and Outlaw -hope Ive got the spelling right. Thanks for the reply --am most interested in acquiring these from you. Sorry for the late response but have been O/S.
Please feel free to contact me direct on runningsinker@gmail.com

Sincerely
Heinzy

ropes.basstard
Rookie
Rookie

Post by ropes.basstard » Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:34 pm

I thought I'd share a page from one of my catalogues. Maybe the info might help someone fill in some gaps in their information?? ???
Rublex Voblex & Ondex Resized.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

heinzy
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post by heinzy » Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:14 pm

ropes.basstard wrote:I thought I'd share a page from one of my catalogues. Maybe the info might help someone fill in some gaps in their information?? ???
Rublex Voblex & Ondex Resized.jpg
Thanks ropes.basstard --would like to get some voblex agian if you wish to sell. Please contact me by email direct on runningsinker@gmail.com.

sincerely Heinzy

Return to “VINTAGE METAL SPOONS / WOBBLERS / SPINNERS”